finally one more turn good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Coracle
    So whether you'll like it or not I can't say; that is subjective on your part. But at least now if you get it for $34.95 you won't be ripped off, as we were last December at $50 a shot.
    Just BTW... this is nothing that would be happening in the gaming industry only (and let's face the facts: most games are released with various bugs and problems later fixed by downloadable patches; Civ3 was not an exception in this aspect).

If you buy a whole new model of a car, you are likely to be a beta-tester, too, as only real people using it every day discover various hidden problems not found during the factory tests. The models being in production for two or three years are usually the best ones, as they have their "childborn" problems already solved.

You pay 50 bucks for being able to play a game from the very beginning (and in this very case, take part in the great evolution and improvement of Civ3 that the consequent patches have been - once again, hats off to Firaxis for their outstanding support. They listen to us, they really do...).

If even Coracle considers Civ3 "viable" (at $34.95, that is), then you must understand that it is one hell of a game!

Comment

Er, guys?

Pat'o hasn't posted back, I think you convinced him. He's probably running to store already
      "Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home." - Glen Bateman, The Stand (Stephen King)

Comment

Originally posted by vondrack

If even Coracle considers Civ3 "viable" (at $34.95, that is), then you must understand that it is one hell of a game!
        So now what are all the flamers supposed to do with their time?

Comment

hi

i'm having to much fun playing

pat

Comment

Originally posted by Coracle

If he was he was wise indeed.

The computer gaming "reviews" have been revealed to be a farce. Back in December before even the first patch they gave a messy beta game glowing reviews. So I'd never waste my time with reviews again as they are written by Industry shills.

As for this game, after 1.29 it is now, eight months after initial release, a viable product. We the consumers performed the roles of beta testers for Firaxis at $50 a pop. But, again, now the game is finally viable.

That doesn't mean you'll like it. There are still many aspects that are annoying, stupid, and non-historical. The worst being Culture Flipping. Naval warfare is another joke.

So whether you'll like it or not I can't say; that is subjective on your part. But at least now if you get it for $34.95 you won't be ripped off, as we were last December at $50 a shot.
            This should be a news item!! MARC!!!

and a great compliment to firaxis IMO
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by pat46
              hi

i'm having to much fun playing

pat
              Hey, Coracle, it seems that pat was not so wise...

Keep civin'...
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I'go and buy the game asap. I rushed out and bought the game on the first day that it was out here in Germany. I never felt that I was ripped of and the patches that game after the game was releasd only show how much Firaxis listen to constructive criticism here and at Civ Fanatics.

Although I must admit that I do not play the game very often, I tend to stay away because once I start I do forget my wife, work and sports .

I played Civ 2 for about 5 years and I am planning to play Civ 3 for a long time.

Enjoy
                Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

I think this guy pat writes suspiciously like panaq . Like what somebody said before, hold off til it goes down in price a bit. Get Moo 3
                  "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by DetroitDave
                    I think this guy pat writes suspiciously like panaq . Like what somebody said before, hold off til it goes down in price a bit. Get Moo 3
                    don't get to paranoid, 1 panag is more then enough

btw/ PANAG I EUGH LIKE YOU
                    just cut your sig in half , please
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                    Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                    X