Which Civ is your favorite one?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johncmcleod
    I don't judge civs on how good they are or their UU, I just like them because I like them.
    Exactly.

My favourites are Russia, India and China.
    You make my life and times
    A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

*Searching for the option: Random*

Hey, where's that option...can't seem to find my favorite one...Random is a really great Civ...
      This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

ADG> You're right, too. Most of the time I pick Random. It's always fun to try new ones.
        You make my life and times
        A book of bluesy Saturdays

Comment

persians

persians:
          have best trait (industrious) and good 2nd trait.
          UU (immortal (iron working), 4|2|1) comes at a good time on small to standard maps: i mostly conquer my 2-3 nearest rivals with about 10-15 immortals (+1 spearman per captured city). GA helps getting in the replacements for the (very few) lost units.
          - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
          - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Gotta go France!

Musketeers are great for counter attacking knights and even cavalry, and you can switch tactics with them relatively fast.

I love industrious civs ... I think its the best advance for a number of reasons I don't want to flood this thread with. And commercial civs start one step closer to libraries and more importantly, the republic. Since I start with masonry too, I can start building those wonderful pyraminds quickly without going against my quest for the republic.

However, I kinda wish I could trade the Commercial with Religious for the French.. Egypt is a close second of mine. I studied French history in university as side courses for a few years and I think they deserve to be more of a religious/industrious civ.

And finally, I just like them! Is that so bad? I just change the colour before the game to either the light blue or the orange they add as extra colours...

Just my two cents

Cheers
            ~Thadalex
            "Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion"
            -Democritus of Abdera

Comment

i like civ2 and civ3 my favourite nation is romans
              china,japan

Comment

Or maybe my own civ, the Canadians! I know exactly what our UU should be ... (thats a clue)

okay i'm ... better get back to my diety game and pray i don't get killed

Cheers
                ~Thadalex
                "Nothing exists except atoms and empty space; everything else is opinion"
                -Democritus of Abdera

Comment

I'm quite fond of the Babs these days. I also like the Americans. I have done very well with those Civs

Comment

Russia.

Comment

Japanese. Temples, Great Leaders, Samurai... What more could you wish?
                      Now, if I ask myself: Who profits from a War against Iraq?, the answer is: Israel. -Prof. Rudolf Burger, Austrian Academy of Arts

Free Slobo, lock up George, learn from Kim-Jong-Il.

Comment

Of the old classics I would have to say the Iroquois.

Comment

Persia. Industrious + Religious is a killer combo and the Immortal is good at slaughtering horsemen before they reach my cities and are good at conque... umm... resorce securing.

Other favs:

2. Egypt
                          3. Greece
                          4. Mexico (Aztecs)
                          5. Rome

Comment

Persia is Industrious/Scientific.

Comment

From that list, probably China for the 3 move Rider. Post-PTW, I would go with Carthage; that 2/3/1 Mercinary rocks, I just don't like the early Golden Age. The defense of a Hoplite with 2 attack ...yeah.

Comment

Egyptians for me, the ultmate builders civ! Aztecs are my second chioce, if i feel like roasting the neighbours
                                I love PEPSI! (twitching and shivering profusely)

Comment

Working...
                                X