Sigh... Exploit of "Settleable" Terrain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sigh... Exploit of "Settleable" Terrain

I set it up so tundras cannot be colonized, but i realized that i can forest it and it becomes a "forest" tile, and then i can colonize it.

the AI will obviously never grasp that concept, and i wont use it because it's stupid, but this should be fixed before PTW comes out.

good job though, the game is quite fun this way (grassland, plains, and floodplains are the only things i left).

The AI isnt dealing with it too well though, they dont seem to chop down jugles/forests to build their cities. there are soem gaping holes in some empires
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

I haven't downloaded 1.29 yet but can't you set forest as unsettleable also?

Comment

I think his point is that you should be able to settle in a "plains" forest, but not a "tundra" forest.

Comment

Can't you set it so tundra can't be forrested?
        Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

Originally posted by dunk
          I think his point is that you should be able to settle in a "plains" forest, but not a "tundra" forest.
          Well a solution would be to make them both unsettleable and you'll just have to chop down the plains forest. ...Which is probably more realistic.

Comment

my friends have suggested that (we plan to play this way in MP) and i think i'm going to make forests not be able to be settled. oh well
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Have you tried puting a city on watter yet?
              Was gone for two years, I'm back now.
              in a 3D world is there a difference between these: b d q p | / - \
              3D Unit tutorial
              My units: MechWalker,Rocket soldier,Hover Tank,Crawler,Hover Copter

Comment

nope.

i'd imagine you'd need a sort of "naval settler" unit too.

it would be cool to have naval colonies... but you'd have to road them to naval cities... it'll get weird.

Comment

Originally posted by ACooper
                  Can't you set it so tundra can't be forrested?
                  I believe you can in the Worker Jobs on the Terrain screen. I seem to recall that the default is to plant trees. It can be set for no action, or some such thing. A warning though, I had problems with the game crashing if I tampered with that area.

Comment

Re: Sigh... Exploit of "Settleable" Terrain

Originally posted by UberKruX
                    I set it up so tundras cannot be colonized, but i realized that i can forest it and it becomes a "forest" tile, and then i can colonize it.

the AI will obviously never grasp that concept, and i wont use it because it's stupid, but this should be fixed before PTW comes out.

good job though, the game is quite fun this way (grassland, plains, and floodplains are the only things i left).

The AI isnt dealing with it too well though, they dont seem to chop down jugles/forests to build their cities. there are soem gaping holes in some empires
                    If you increase your food requirements to 3, and not allow food/irrigation in Tundra, you'll be able to contain the AI to just a few select areas.

Comment

Working...
                    X