My answer to the Diplomacy Complaint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My answer to the Diplomacy Complaint

IMMHO, I don't think Firaxis ever intended to put diplomacy options in this patch because it is another one of those things they have to further develope.

Why did they not find this important?

What they want from us right now are scenarios for PTW mainly Multi-Player ones.

What does that have to do with it?

When you play MP you will be able to override preset diplomacy anyway.

If it is not in PTW then complain same with scripting.

Untill then... bring on the flames
    GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Please describe what you mean my "diplomacy options."
    Lime roots and treachery!
    "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Oh my bad... For the editor. The ability to set diplomacy in the editor.
      GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

There were no options to set starting diplomacy in the map editor, which makes creating scenarios somewhat difficult.

Comment

What I am saying is that they want MP scenarios. What good is the ability to set diplomacy if the user is just going to over ride it?

I agree that we all want to make SP scenarios and that would require scripting and Diplomacy abilities but as I said they want MP scenarios.

That was there whole reason for giving us this patch anyway... remember?
          GC Magazine|Gamecatcher

Comment

I thought the reason for the patch was to fix all the things that were broken....maybe I'm wrong.... but coastal fortresses still aren't fixed, the "updated" editor IMO isn't that much of an improvement, the add button just lets you design the unit, you still have to make a new folder and update civopedia.txt, the multitool is still a significantly better way to add stuff to the game than the editor....yeah, a few things were nice additions, but I think this patch fell way short of what people expected.
            They don't call me Springfield Fats because I'm morbidly obese!

Comment

Originally posted by Palleon
              I thought the reason for the patch was to fix all the things that were broken....maybe I'm wrong.... but coastal fortresses still aren't fixed,.
              They do work, they just don't do much against anything modern.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

They're supposed to be attacking ships though, and they don't. I don't care about the defensive bonus, but they should be able to fire like advertised.
                They don't call me Springfield Fats because I'm morbidly obese!

Comment

they do, but you only see succesfull hits.
                  It acts in the same way as ZOC
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                  Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Personally, I don't care about Play The World and it's new Multi-Player capabilities, and I'm sure many casual players don't either.

And NOT having the ability to put different civs at war with each other in the editor is completely lame, and basically defeats the entire idea of a true historically-based scenario.

Comment

Working...
                    X