No announcement yet.

Favorite Maps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huge Pangea. If I'm in the mood for an especially drawn-out game, I'll restrict it to 6-8 civs.
    Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

My computer is fast enough to run even the huge maps well, but I prefer large continents. Makes for a somewhat realistic game with lots of civs, but not so long as on huge maps.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

I can't imagine the micromanagement that goes along with Huge Maps.

Although good point about the late game. Huge maps might make the late game more enjoyable and challanging.

I might make a compromise and do a large map next..wonder if late game is doable on a large. I'll play germany in that case.

Comment

Tiny pangaea, because trying to learn the basics of the game, not massive micromanagement, and I hate navy.

Comment

Originally posted by ADG

Why quote me
            Didn't want to take the time to get rid of ya. If thats what you meant.
            Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
            Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Standard Continents. My computer can handle large maps ok, but I just find that the game takes a long time to play. Huge maps are out of the question. Small and Tiny strike me as too... err, small.

It's all about how much time I wish to devote to 1 game. Plus, I think the game works best with 8 civs (normal setting for standard sized worlds).

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

My preferences vary fairly often. I used to play large and huge continents first, then huge uncrowded pangeas. I avoid archipelagos, but played some of them though. Right now I prefer standard continents. What will be tomorrow, I don't know .

Abstain.

Comment

Large archipelago maps. They give you plenty of bottlenecks that you can block, along with land access to a lot (usually) of conquerable terrain, which means no need to build an early navy to find expansion room.

Comment

Huge archipelago maps, 80% water, wet and warm.

Edit: Forgot why. Oh yeah... Massive production, frequent naval action and the effects of isolation on the AI.
                    Last edited by miccofl; July 17, 2002, 20:49.

Comment

Huge, Continental, 70% Water, Wet, Warm, & 3Mil old. It's a tuff beginning, but the rewards are great.
                      Know your enemies!
                      "Mein Fuhrer! I can walk!" ~ Dr. Strangelove

Comment

Large Continental, but with only 8 civs. This way I have more time to spread out my civ before coming in contact with another civ. I would use standard with less civs, but I like 8.

Sometimes I'll play a Huge Continental with 16 civs, because that's also quite fun.

Either those or random. I usually go with Large Continental and 8 civs though.
                        I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Working...
                        X