The official "What did you do with you tin?" thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The official "What did you do with you tin?" thread

If you were like me and bought alot of the early hype and rushed out to buy the game after seeing a friend play it, you probably got a special "tin" addition. So what did you end up doing with your tin.

My tin is an ashtray now
    Tho the CD is a good dust magnet

Sh!t, that's exactly what I did.

Great minds think alike.
    Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
    Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
    "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

Why do you people come to Civ3 forums? If you don't like the game just get over it and move on.
      "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Who says I don't like it? It's an honour to become my ashtray.
        Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
        Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
        "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

My LE tin didn't cost any more than the regular version, so it's well worth the money. I just have some game manuals I use most often in it, and have it on the windowsill next to my computer desk. I wish all games came with a tin (and completely transparent CD cases too), it looks good.

Comment

Mine is on my windowsill next to my CPU desk as well, no joke! It's right next to a plush yoshi! :lol"
            http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

I had to pay another $10 for LE (though that's AUD, not USD). And when I found out that there was no etra scenario that was previously promised (ie. only a tin and a poster) I figured I had better things to spend my money on and stuck to the Standard version.

So I guess you could say I left my tin at the shop...

Comment

That's what I'm missing... a plush yoshi! Then my computing environment would be complete..

Comment

Mine is stacked in the corner collecting dust...
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I tried flushing it down the toilet.

Its now on my bookcase
                    Civfan (Warriorsoflight)

Comment

m&m container on coffee table

Comment

storage tin now. holds cookies.
                        B♭3

Comment

LE Tin --> Now being used as a litter box for our cats.
                          Seems appropriate considering the LE edition was a load of crap......

Note: The games fairly good though.
                          "To live again, to be.........again" Captain Kirk in some Star Trek Episode. (The one with the bad guy named Henok)
                          "One day you may have to think for yourself and heaven help us all when that time comes" Some condescending jerk.

Comment

I got mine for Christmas, so I don't mind the fact that it has not much more than the standard. However, the tin is nice looking, so I have it on a shelf above my computer for all to admire.

I heard that the international versions of the regular game had the cd in a cardboard thing, whereas the USA ones had a jewel case. Now, is that the same for the LE? Or is the Canadian version non-existant and I just have the American version, just sold in Canada, and Americans who got the LE also got theirs in a cardboard thing?
                            I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

i was a smart one, i didnt go in for infogrammes hype.

when i got to eb my friend had it a day early for me, and the guys were trying to push me for the LE. i told them i didnt need a tin and a tech tree and they said "well, at least you know it's sh1t".
                              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Working...
                              X