Game that (almost) locks up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game that (almost) locks up

I saved this game because it acted so wierd on just this one turn. Initially, i thought i would have to scrap the game. Everything i tried produced the same result. Moving units toward the end of the turn caused the game to slow to the point that i thought it locked up at first.

My machine is at minimum specs for the game but i have never had this particular problem. The 'end of turn' indicator blinks at several minute intervals. Moving the last couple of units takes about the same amount of time.

I originally gave up on it after trying many different move sequences during this turn, but after some sleep, it occurred to me the one thing i didn't try was to end the turn and see if it sorted itself out. So i continued the turn until it showed the first signs of slowing down and then clicked the blue button. The problem never resurfaced.

Just thought i would post this incase it was of interest to anyone. It occurred to me that a game that 'almost' locked up and then sorted itself out may be of interest to someone.

Note: this is the Apolyton July game from the strategy forum and is late in the game.

PII 266 @ 300
    224 RAM
    Diamond Viper II w/ 32 meg
    Win 98
    768 meg permanent swap file
    no other apps running
    Attached Files
    [c3c] 1.22(f?)
    For better barbarians, add NoAIPatrol=0 to conquests.ini (see this thread )
Working...
X