Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A world in which...

Civilization is a world in which...
    (this is not meant to be a bashing civ thread, just observations)

Nobody ever moves.

If a city isn't taking in enough food they would rather starve then ask other cities for some of there's.

A train will get you there instantly, but a plane takes a whole turn.

All ships can exist away from base for an infinate period.

It takes fifty years to cross one irrigated area, and one-hundred and fifty to irrigate it.

Nukes do no long term damage, as long as the area is surrounded by trees.

Warriors armed with iron axes sometimes hurt armor.

Stealth bombers can be shot down by WWI era planes.

All major scentific discovories are made by governments.

With no roads, no horses, and no forms of modern communication, a ruler can give real time battle orders to pikemen a thousond miles away.

Rioting can always be fixed by having a circus.

other ideas?

You live for 4000-5000 years?
    Don't drink and drive, smoke and fly.
    Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
    "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

In Monopoly, you get $200 for passing Go.

And a funny little man with a mustache can get you out of jail, for free.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
        In Monopoly, you get $200 for passing Go.

And a funny little man with a mustache can get you out of jail, for free.
        And do you have to stay at the inn wherever you stop? I got a car so I can sleep in the car on the road.
        Anti-bush and anti-Bush.
        "Who's your Daddy? You know who your Daddy is, huh?? It's me! Yeah.. I'm your Daddy! Uh-huh! How come I'm your Daddy! 'Coz I did this to your Mama? Yeah, your Mama! Yeah this your Mama! Your Mama! You suck man, but your Mama's sweet! You suck, but your Mama, ohhh... Uh-huh, your Mama! Far out man, you do suck, but not as good as your Mama! So what's it gonna be? Spit or swallow, sissy boy?" - Superfly, joecartoon

Comment

- A leader can commence a revolution to overthrow their own rule, only to return to power after a lengthy period of anarchy where they somehow still hold supreme executive power.

- The priest of a temple or a librarian surpass the power of a division of panzers in holding territory.

- Clearing forests and jungles has no ecological consequences.
          "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
          "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
          "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

All civilizations arise at the same time.
            CSPA

Comment

Obscure villages in the middle of nowhere, when discovered in the future, have the knowledge of Advanced Flight
              Anti-bush and anti-Bush.

Comment

.. No lake can be crossed by a bridge ...All countries use the same currency (eurogold?) ...umm, that's all for now

Comment

you can buy and sell ivory without ever running out of elephants . and to bring coal to your civ you can just build a road to it, no mines necessary ( it must be that ground-cover coal i heard about).
                  stealth bombers can land on an aircraft carrier.

Comment

Re: A world in which...

Originally posted by Ben Williams
                    Nukes do no long term damage, as long as the area is surrounded by trees.
                    - Nukes only pollute (and the polution can be cleaned within short time), destroy roads/railroads, kill citiens and kill units

- People never gets angry, because of all the pollution all around the world
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Originally posted by reefer addict
                      (...)
                      stealth bombers can land on an aircraft carrier.
                      Weeeeeelllllllll...

A navalized F-117 was offered to the US Navy.

Ok,ok, it isn't a B-2, but then, apart from us F-15s, everyone has the same plane designs (and tanks, apart from Germany ) in Civ. I can't imagine what a Babylonian fighter would look like...

JH
                      There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives. :)

Comment

It takes 300 years to move to the next city in the past. It takes a years drive on the road to move to the next city without railroads.
                        Anti-bush and anti-Bush.

Comment

It takes 300 years to move to the next city in the past
                          Ah the god olden days, had to walk 15 miles in deep snow to get to the pub
                          CSPA

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf

Ah the god olden days, had to walk 15 miles in deep snow to get to the pub
                            Can't you use the skis you're wearing(in your avatar)?
                            Anti-bush and anti-Bush.

Comment

Working...
                            X