What is .SAV file format

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is .SAV file format

I would like to build a utility that can read the latest .SAV file and present a status for the human player that would show what units were in each city, what improvements were in each city, what was being built (and how many shields/turns were left), what was in the build queue. It would allow me to quickly determine what cities I had not yet built a marketplace in, where I was letting the advisor pick the next improvement, which city had the Intelligence Agency in its build queue, etc. The big problem is that I can not figure out the .SAV file, or find a reference that covers it. Does anyone have a link or hints?

you'd have to ask firaxis for that. the .SAV is not an industry standard file but a game specific one. figuring it out is probably impossible

Comment

Such a tool already exists as far as I know. Check out the Files Forum.

Comment

I'm also trying to do the same thing. I was able to get code to decompress it, if you want a program, then Gramphos's Multitool comes with one that decompresses the sav file. The format still hasn't been fully deciphered, as far as I know, but they've made TONS of progress. I'm still asking around for it I'll let you know when I get it if you want. you can email me at kiran@joshi.com. Oh, if you get it before me, I would appreciate it
        Creator of a Civ3 ModManager

Admirer of the Double Your Pleasure mod which you can discuss about at this thread.

Comment

Working...
        X