Post-modern techs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post-modern techs

A small wonder "Religious Revival", would cut current corruption in half. I base this on the scriptures refering to "Beware when white becomes black and day becomes night."; and "You are the salt of the earth...". No need for the God-haters to vent spleens, just agree or disagree, hopefully rationally.

A good (ie Objective) secular ethics can have the same effect. Also, this religious revival needs to be some sort of historical fact ie actually happened. It is not enough that it exists in obscure refererences in one particular religion.

Thanks.
    "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
    --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Originally posted by Sean
      A good (ie Objective) secular ethics can have the same effect. Also, this religious revival needs to be some sort of historical fact ie actually happened. It is not enough that it exists in obscure refererences in one particular religion.
      I agree. After all this is the story of civilization, not a particular religion.

Comment

I would make it only available to a fundamentalist government. As far as a 'secular ethics' wonder, gimme a break...what are you going to build, the 'EST' wonder? Dianetics? Secularism sucks ass.

Venger

Comment

Ooooh, but let's go with those religious ethics of stoning heretics and what not...

Religicism is worse.
          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

why was a new thread started?
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!
            Odysseus and the March of Time
            I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov
              Ooooh, but let's go with those religious ethics of stoning heretics and what not...

Religicism is worse.
              Spoken by someone ungratefuly enjoying the fruits of a religious society. People will find any reason they can to hate others, religion is no difference than race or nationality. So let's not have a spaz about it.

Enjoy your Hobbesian secular state of nature...

Venger

Comment

"The Religious Revival Wonder." Improvement: makes two citizens in every city self-righteous and mildly annoying.

"The Secular Ethics Revival." Improvment: Allows every citizen in each town to remain exactly as they were before.

I think it could work... . (wink wink, nudge nudge.)

Comment

Originally posted by Thomas Paine

"The Secular Ethics Revival." Improvment: Allows every citizen in each town to remain exactly as they were before.
                  More like, citizens become so concerned with being politically correct, they're unable to accomplish anything at all for fear of offending someone.

Comment

ok good suggestion (I meant the original)
                    I just don't get those bible quotes.
                    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Working...
                    X