Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hypothetical Situation...

Just an idea here-

Suppose nukes were enabled from 4000bc. Therefore, it would be possible to begin building ICBM(s) immediately.

When would you build your first nuke?
    When would you build your second?

When would you launch your first nuke?

It isn't easy to put together those hundreds of shields, but if it were technologically feasable, what would you do?

For all you people out there that have your hands all over the red button...

(I'm considering this information for a mod)
    They're coming to take me away, ha ha...

I'll build it at early midages.
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Never. Nukes aren't worth the shield cost and they screw up the world.

If I could build Modern Armor, however...

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Consider, however, that it would make for a great shield-holder. No more lost shields if you miss a wonder... just switch over to a nuke and wait for the next wonder tech (like the Palace, but this can work for your no-corruption capitol).

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

You will never be able to make this happen in 4000 BC. The “Nuclear Activation Sequence” must be triggered by construction of a Great Wonder, it doesn’t matter which one, the box can be checked in the settings from any GW but; if you change this, be sure to uncheck the box for the Manhattan Project or your game might crash upon its’ completion.

Jumping up the timeline, it’s now 3500 BC and I just built GW~ I have uranium and can now build nukes.

Q> When would you build your first nuke?

A> Not until tactical and strategic requirements rendered their possession necessary, or when a city becomes fully built and other land/sea/air units are not required.

Q> When would you build your second?

A> Right after the first. Wouldn’t want it to get lonely, but now that I have two I may as well breed them…

Q> When would you launch your first nuke?

A> Only if it became a tactical or strategic imperative or I have enough for all the Civs’ cities. It’s nice to share…

I’d like to play your mod when it’s done. Go ahead! Push the red button…

Comment

You will never be able to make this happen in 4000 BC. The “Nuclear Activation Sequence” must be triggered by construction of a Great Wonder, it doesn’t matter which one, the box can be checked in the settings from any GW but; if you change this, be sure to uncheck the box for the Manhattan Project or your game might crash upon its’ completion.
            The point is that it is a hypothetical situation. I am not even sure I can make this mod. I just want to see what kind of interest is out there. So, I guess my mod will have to be a save game...

The question is- when does it become worthwhile to sink about 300 shields into a nuke? Sure, nukes are nice at any point, but at 300 a pop, then a little cost-benefit analysis is in order.

Comment

Probably, I wouldnt build any nuke until another Civ buthers too much. That means: enough for me to think they deserve to extinct. I always prefare competition than wide domination, because the last one is really boring. I frecuently use small Civs as 'colonizers' and conquer them culturally. In the end, i believe I would use the nuke in the same time I actually do, lets say: when only 2 Civs remain.
              Embassador of Uruguay (the country best known because its flag always appeared between USAs and USSRs flags when they were ordered alphabetically - in spanish USSR IS 'URSS').

Comment

Bah, the first 50 units I make would be nukes. After all, you are talking to the guy that loaded up a 4000 BC game into Gramphos' CMT, and gave myself 30 nukes, and gleefully blew away the world before bronze was invented.

Comment

Suppose you could only build two military units- nuclear missiles and warriors. This assumes that tech progress has stopped.

(This is still hypothetical, but may make it into my mod/save game)

At what point does it become worthwhile to build a nuke? When you see a stack of twenty coming? Fifty?

Comment

The nuke in the ancient era would be like the holy hand grenade - an incredibly powerful, one-of-a-kind weapon. You could only reasonably expect to complete one (at least in ancient), which of course means you could only use it once. Personally, I don't think there is anything important enough in the ancient era to justify spending the time building it. Maybe if you're trapped in a tough starting position and need to break through a toughly defended AI city to expand.
                    Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

lets get real. one nuke wouldnt even capture or destroy one city.

How many settlers can be built in the same time?
                      The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

I am not even sure I can make this mod. I just want to see what kind of interest is out there. So, I guess my mod will have to be a save game...
                        It is possible (with the v.1.32.0.1 editor) to build any wonder you should choose by 3950 BC - don't give up!

Comment

Working...
                        X