Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy 'Guldensporenslag' (Battle of the golden spurs)!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DeepO
    Thanks Stuie. It surprises me that so many think this was a good thread, I thought it would only have appealed to the Flemish people on this board... and would have been closed off by an admin by now.

DeepO
    Oh, but aren't we all interested in history? This is one of the pre-requisites to be a Civ player, I guess...

Nice article, indeed.
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

There are more of these kind of myths introduced by him in his famous book, one of the things I was most surprised to learn as untrue was that the French knights did not trample their own footmen when crossing the brook. Conscience says that that is one of the main reasons why the Flemish won, but it was a gross exageration. It was partly the impatience of the French nobles that made them rush while they would have been better of if they outflanked the Flemish instead of going through the river, but they did not kill any French infantry in doing so, these just stepped aside before the charge started.
      You mean they lied to us for all these years??
      Never knew that, I alwayss thought they did kill there own soldiers.Ahh that's typical flemish isn't it. We loose --> we blame ourself, We win --> we give someelse credit
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
      X