Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what is the next patch supposed to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So what is the next patch supposed to do?

Everyone keeps talking about the next patch due out sometime soon. What is it supposed to fix?

Is it only going to do stuff to the editor? (which I as yet do not use.)

Do you hear if it will affect gameplay any?

I have caught the fever and have joined the clan waiting with bated breath for the next patch.

What am I waiting for?

sboog

I think it is supposed to be mostly fixes for the editor so that fans can create senerios for the upcoming PtW release. Of course, some people are suspecious that the patch's release has been deliberately delayed by Firaxis so that fan senerios won't compete with Firaxis' own "for sale senerios".

Personally, I like to think they are just doing a thorough beta test but there is no evidience either way.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
      I think it is supposed to be mostly fixes for the editor so that fans can create senerios for the upcoming PtW release. Of course, some people are suspecious that the patch's release has been deliberately delayed by Firaxis so that fan senerios won't compete with Firaxis' own "for sale senerios".

Personally, I like to think they are just doing a thorough beta test but there is no evidience either way.
      ??

You sem to be implying that scenarios (which should have come in November) will be usable ONLY for this PTW stuff. I'm not likely to spend $30 bucks for something that is just a new dress on the same old sow.

"A thorough beta test" by Firaxis. Why would you assume they are doing that when they released a game that was barely even a beta last November?

Comment

I wish it would come already. I think it is suppose to be the scenario.

If anyone from Firaxis is reading this:

WHERE IS THE PATCH?
        For your photo needs:
        http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

I heard the commercial trait was going to get some added benefits, but I don't know if it's in the patch or in PTW.

Comment

Sheik,
            Go visit CivFanatics. In their news items of Tuesday, 7/9 they point to a thread that it is in testing and will be out "when it is ready."

(Go tell your impatience to take a hike).

Comment

Working...
            X