Clear All

• Ranking

What are your best rank and score?
    money sqrt evil;
    My literacy level are appalling.

Re: Ranking

Originally posted by muxec
    What are your best rank and score?
    No precise idea but something above 2500 (Monarch level).
    In fact scoring depends on lots of parameters.

You should look here to have a better idea.
    Nym
    "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Over 2100 somewhat...
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

5970, Monarch, Standard. It's important to mention the map size, because there is no adjustment for that in the scoring system.

I think the scoring system is screwy anyway. It's all about territory and population (admittedly with an adjustment for happiness or lack thereof). That's fairly narrow.

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

There's a big time factor also. The earlier you finish, the better. And the higher levels you play, the better. My highest score is 13000+something in a game on Deity at a tiny map. It's pretty easy to get such high scores, if you manage to win by conquest in the BC's.

Comment

I think time doesn't matter exactly, the score is averaged. Very impressive... I got the goal of beating 3000 soon . In my current game, somehow, I'm running with a pretty low score, compared to other civs, but have became the ultimate powerhouse.

My 2100+ was on Warlord, BTW, Culture victory .

Comment

Solver, time matters very much. After you win, you get a time bonus of (2050 - victory_year) * difficulty. Difficulty is 1 for Chieftain ... 6 for Deity. Since the years go in big steps in the BC's, time matters much more than in the late game. Imagine the late BC age: turns go in 20 year steps. If you play on the highest difficulty (6 as multiplicator), each turn you finish earlier gives 120 points more score.

Comment

Ah, right... BTW did you guys figure it out? I got the scoring formula, but I didn't think of it myself.

Comment

My best score was 8906 Regent, Military Victory, I was playing the Americans.
                  "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                  "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Impressive one, yeah. Gotta try more warring.

Comment

My hi-score is 9520 (Russians, Regent, tiny map, military victory)
                      money sqrt evil;
                      My literacy level are appalling.

Comment

Working...
                      X