We Love the ________ Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We Love the ________ Day

I'd like to know what exactly does the WLT*D do affecting gameplay? I know it affects a chance for a city to suffer a culture flip and it must reduce corruption too (wild guess though). Anybody have more precise answers?

Konquest
    Get your science News at Konquest Online!

From the manual:

We Love the King Day

If a city’s population becomes sufficiently happy, it (not your whole civilization—just
    this one location) spontaneously holds a celebration in honor of your rule.The people
    declare a “We Love the King Day” in thanks for the prosperity your management has
    made possible.While the circumstances that support this celebratory mood continue,
    the city enjoys certain benefits, depending on your civilization’s type of government.
    You will see the effects of celebration begin on the first full turn that a city celebrates
    (that is, the turn after the party is announced).

To trigger a celebration day, a city must fulfill these conditions:
    • There can be no unhappy citizens in the city.
    • There must be at least as many happy citizens as content citizens.
    • The population must be at least six.
    For example, a city with five happy citizens, four content citizens, and no unhappy
    citizens celebrates. A city with 10 happy citizens, three content citizens and one
    unhappy citizen does not.

An ongoing We Love the King Day lowers the levels of corruption and waste, makes
    the city less likely to defect, and significantly increases the chance of failure if your enemies
    attempt to initiate propaganda here.

Comment

Also check the 1.21f readme file in the Civ3 directory, I'm not sure, but I think the WLTKD has been tweaked.

I know the waste fighting has been improved, but I think they may have changed something else.
      I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Here it is:

It fights waste and corruption. In 1.21, it fights waste better.

Also, the chance of a culture flip for that city is halved.
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Thanks all!!
          Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

Not anywhere near as useful as civ2 :<
            The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer
              Not anywhere near as useful as civ2 :<
              IMHO it was too powerful in civ2.

Comment

Originally posted by PGM

IMHO it was too powerful in civ2.
                Agreed. An ongoing party should reduce productivity, not increase it!
                Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

What were the effects in Civ2? I forget.
                  You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

I remember in Civ2, it made a rep or dem grow in size rapidly.

So in civil war scenarios, I could crank up the lux as the confederates, and watch as my population quadrupled in a matter of months! Then I'd crush the hopelessly outnumbered yankees! Hee hee.

It was DEFINITELY too powerful.
                    http://www.ststs.com/CGI_BIN/YaBB/YaBB.pl?board=cut
                    Dan Severn of the Loose Cannon Alliance
                    ------------------------
                    ¡Mueran todos los Reyes!

Comment

In Civ II, it had a different effect based on your government type. I beleive that Monarchy gave you Republic trading levels in that city. Republic or Democracy, it added one population as long as there was a food surplus. Fundametalism, I don't know, since no one was ever unhappy in Fundy, I never spent any money on luxuries. For Despotism, I don't know.

Comment

Working...
                      X