No announcement yet.

Retreating?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct, units WILL NOT retreat if fortified. Ever.

Comment

Reread what I posted. "As long as none of the following are true."
      Fitz. (n.) Old English
      1. Child born out of wedlock.
      2. Bastard.

Comment

Originally posted by alva848

AFAIK, faster.
        I.E. rider will retreat from knight

but as my last answer wasn't completly correct, i 'm not putting any money on it
        No that's wrong. Attacking any fast unit, meaning anything more than one move, will prevent a retreat from happening. The relative speed of each unit is irrelevant.

Comment

So a unit with two movement points (ie a "fast" unit) will not un away if fortified.
          However; will that same unit prevent another unit - say with three movement points - from retreating. IE a cavalry attacks a fortified horesman, is retreat possible?
          I'm just trying to clear this up. I've had lots of ideas for mods, but didn't know how much this could altered. One problem was to allow infantry to move twice. Would this allow them to retreat if attacking fortified infantry? (great for a First World War scenario) However, would this also prevent ANYTHING from retreating if it attacked an un-fortified (or even fortified) infantry?
          You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

Well, it would appear that we have hit on something which DEFINITELY needs to be changed in one of the upcoming patches (or even in PtW!). A unit with 3 mp should be able to retreat from a unit with 2 mp-so long as it meets all of the other, previously mentioned conditions!! As long as this is not the case then I will not be able to do the mod I'd most like to do, that is: giving all units MORE movement points, so that they can travel further (I feel that the current MP's are too low!)
            Anyway, hope they'll look into this!

Yours,
            The_Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

Originally posted by Fitz
              Reread what I posted. "As long as none of the following are true."
              Yes yes, it was late, forgive me.

Comment

Working...
              X