Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Those Tech whores...

I was tired of those AI whores...

I reduced AI to AI rates to 100. Then i adjusted global tech costs to 160/240/320/400/480, and finally...

i eliminated those stupid caps (max 40 turns and min 4 turns), so to reward techbuilding civs and punish the oposite... i adjusted the caps to max 100 and min 1.

Guess what?

It worked!!!

Off course, forget about those 10.000 points victories, but if you are searching for a more smooth techtree development, this is the way to do it.

Good luck, and enjoy...

Rebel Rick
    Candor dat viribus alas.

Always remember to cite my work when using my copyrighted 'tech whoring' line.

What did changing the global cost do? I'm wanting to make it pay off to research, I want to slow the rate of tech progression, and I want to make the AI Civs have to research as 16 different Civs, not a big AI pool of 16 Civs giving each other everything...

I think the problem may be that when you receive a technology, you can use the beakers you've accumulated to research another one.

For instance.

Researching say Steel - 10 turns.

I've been researching for 8 turns.

On turn 8, I trade some brightly colored stones and a bag of weed to Joan of Arc for steel.

Now, all the beakers accumulated toward Steel I can magically use to research Music Theory (!!?!?!?!? as if that makes any damn sense, to suddenly be able to swing that number!).

Maybe on tech acquisition your beaker count should always be reset, except when you actually finish a tech, the excess should be there as momentum toward your next discovery.

Doing this should disallow the ridiculous tech whoring the AI does, where each Civ can research slow, but because they gangbang on tech, if they research super slow, every 30 turns they get a tech, except that with 15 of them researching and sharing, they get 15 techs in 30 turns, or one every frigging 2 turns! Tech avalanche! (That's also copyrighted...).

Venger

Comment

Venger-

This is a forum for a VIDEO GAME. What is with your 'copyrighting' of slang Civ-terms? I sincerely hope it's a joke, though you seem serious. I know I'm laughing.

Comment

It's a joke dude, call me when you've posted more than 20 times here...

Venger

Comment

AFAIK, changing the tech researched for any reason already causes the beakers to be reset to 0.
          Fitz. (n.) Old English
          1. Child born out of wedlock.
          2. Bastard.

Comment

i think your science beaker is re-set after getting a tech your researching in trade. i dont remember ever seeing my research carry over .

Comment

Originally posted by reefer addict
              i think your science beaker is re-set after getting a tech your researching in trade. i dont remember ever seeing my research carry over .
              Me neither...

Comment

Venger,
                the combination of Global Tech rates/max cap works fine; the result is that, for example, Writing research has a 100 turns length (40 in the original), and so on with every other tech. That makes the flow of techs smoother, and combined with the AI-AI in 100, forces the AI to develop for themselves instead of sleeping around with whichever leader wants to f....ck them in exchange for a tech....
                Candor dat viribus alas.

Comment

Ricardojahns, I'm trying what you've suggested, so you'd better be right.

Comment

Working...
                  X