How do you choose what to pillage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you choose what to pillage?

I want to destroy some fortifications that I had next to a civ. They are about to expand their cultural border, and I don't want to leave them any forts. Do I not get a choice of what to pillage? Are my troops so undisciplined that they first destroy the very road that they were going to leave on???

You can't choose. The most advanced thing on the tile goes first. Such as Railroads, roads then mine/irragation. I'm not sure were Forts go.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Rails are one level and forts (as I recall) ae another level. I do not remember which is pillage first.

Everything else (roads, with mines or irrigation) is the last level. If there are no forts, then 2 pillages gets rails and then everything else.

Comment

It would be nice if you could get a pop-up asking you what you want to pillage. Wasn't that implemented in Civ2?

Comment

Lucilla,

I believe it was in CIV2. It would also be nice to get some money for pillaging.
          We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
          If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
          Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
            Lucilla,

I believe it was in CIV2. It would also be nice to get some money for pillaging.
            Exploitable. Building improvments only to pillage your own for 10 gold. Not good.... hey, I can use some of that.
            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

popup was in civ2. forsts are THE LAST THING to be pillaged. (rails, then irr/roads [at once], then fort).

if u were an industrial civ in a democracy after replacable parts, you could move all ure workers onto one square (railroaded), then pillage it, rebuild it, and repeat over and over.
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

RedBird -

Couldn't you just save your game and then find out on your own? I agree it would be nice to have a popup list to select from (when pillaging) - but in place of that you could just experiment. It would probably take less time than posting on this forum and waiting for a response.

Comment

Working...
                X