Regime Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Regime Changes

I've had an idea for a possible feature in the game, to be able to remove a countries governing regime and replace it with a less hostile one. This could either be done through a spying mission or having a small chance of capturing a Civ's leader when you capture a city. This would stop you having the same government mad at you for thousands of years, and add a new dimension to the gameplay. This is just a rough idea, any thoughts or improvements??

"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Re: Regime Changes

Originally posted by spy14
    I've had an idea for a possible feature in the game, to be able to remove a countries governing regime and replace it with a less hostile one. This could either be done through a spying mission or having a small chance of capturing a Civ's leader when you capture a city. This would stop you having the same government mad at you for thousands of years, and add a new dimension to the gameplay. This is just a rough idea, any thoughts or improvements??

That's a good idea for Single player play.
    I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

imagine an AI ousting you and making you less hostile.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
        imagine an AI ousting you and making you less hostile.
        You didn't give me a world map, so you're a dictator and must be removed!
        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

What about, if a country is going through a civil war or disorder, have the option to fund the rebels? Send military units, gold, etc to them.

Comment

Or maybe allie with said rebels. As for being ousted yourself, if you take control of the new leader and the Civ who ousted you is suddenly polite, it might just work... as least until your strong enough to give them a good kicking
            "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

It would be good if enemy civs could "surrender" like they did in SMAC. If you beat an enemy down enough, for example by destroying all of their units and flattening their key cities, perhaps they might offer to "surrender" - at which point their government would become completely neutered. Brilliant idea, spy14

Comment

It would be nice to capture a civ leader and turn them into a GL. This GL then can choose to revolt against you if it chooses to do so, depending on how strong your military after a great battle.

Through spies though...I think it would too expensive from the current setup. IT would prolly cost 15000 gold
                Janitor, janitor
                scrub in vein
                for the $h1t house poet
                have struck again

Comment

Originally posted by W4r_Machine
                  It would be nice to capture a civ leader and turn them into a GL. This GL then can choose to revolt against you if it chooses to do so, depending on how strong your military after a great battle.
                  Um...so what exactly would be the point in having him if he can revolt at will? Probably better just to execute him wouldn't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by David Murray

Um...so what exactly would be the point in having him if he can revolt at will? Probably better just to execute him wouldn't you think?
                    Exciting gameplay I would think The more fun the better.
                    Janitor, janitor
                    scrub in vein
                    for the $h1t house poet
                    have struck again

Comment

Working...
                    X