june patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• june patch

i remember there was some talk about june patch...its still not out...
    were there any clues as to when the next patch will be out?

They meant June by the... errrm, uhhhh, well... some other calendar or other.

Seriously. It'll be done when it's done. Just be glad it's being tested. Last I heard, Mike broke something. That was last week. Gotta fix it and make sure it is fixed.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

broke...what?

Comment

I think we missed June
        I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

Originally posted by LaRusso
          broke...what?
          Dunno. They don't publish the dirty details. That's just what was said when he and Dan dropped by for a chat last week.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I'll take a working version over a deadline. This has been the most extensive and long lasting beta test known to man.
            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
            intelligence to few.

Comment

Does anyone have any clues to what is being included in the next patch?

Comment

mini-map
                effect of commercial trait doubled
                removal of all (?) hard-coding
                the abilty to set which terrain can be settled, inc. the sea (!)

and other stuff I can't remember right now
                Up the Irons!
                Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                Odysseus and the March of Time
                I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

I hope they do double the effect of comercial as i always play the english and as far as im concerned expansionistic and comercial are the two worst traits. Babylon actually suit my style of play but when i played with them I couldnt bring myself to destroy my homeland England, which is sad really considering its only a game!

Comment

There will also apparently be some sort of unit naming with the next patch.

Originally posted by frostycreep
                    as far as im concerned expansionistic and comercial are the two worst traits.
                    I think a good way to improve expansionist would be to let them build an advanced settler later in the game. The unit could have 2 moves and found cities with some basic improvements (aquaduct, temple). Such a unit could be good for mid/late game scavenging for land after warfare and razing.

Comment

I think a good way to improve expansionist would be to let them build an advanced settler later in the game
                      I actually already did something like that. I changed normal settlers to require 3 food for everyone (to slow the early land grab, that works well btw). Then added a new "pioneer" unit for expansionist civs that only requires 2 food and has 2 movement and becomes available in the 2nd age (feudalism I think). Both seem to work fairly well. The only problem Ive encountered is rarely an ai will get a bad starting location and never be able to expand because they can't get to size 4, but in about half a dozen games with 16 civs in them, its only happened twice.

Comment

Originally posted by wervdon

I actually already did something like that. I changed normal settlers to require 3 food for everyone (to slow the early land grab, that works well btw). Then added a new "pioneer" unit for expansionist civs that only requires 2 food and has 2 movement and becomes available in the 2nd age (feudalism I think). Both seem to work fairly well. The only problem Ive encountered is rarely an ai will get a bad starting location and never be able to expand because they can't get to size 4, but in about half a dozen games with 16 civs in them, its only happened twice.
                        This is an outstanding modification. I've been toying with increasing the shield cost or population costs of settlers to stop the absolutely out of control land whoring (I use that word alot) by the AI (and possibly the human player). That it works well is good.

Venger

Comment

I'd make more comments about the name "june patch" except for one thing: I'm using windows 98...

Comment

Working...
                          X