Movies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Movies

I noticed there are 3 movies in the movie file. Which program do I use to play them outside of Civ 3? I tried to associate the files with Civ3... and Civ3 crashed everytime I clicked on it. I"ve tried Media Player also.. does not support the file.

Anyone have any ideas ?

check download.com for a Bink player. can't think of what i use off the top of my head. to see the others, you could rename them to whatever the opening movie is called, then start the game.

Comment

I'll try that, thanks.

Comment

I agree
        Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

I found a good freeware tool that plays .bik files *bink* from Civ3, as well as a good many other games...

RAD Game Tools' web page. RAD makes Bink Video, the Telemetry Performance Visualization System, and Oodle Data Compression - all popular video game middleware.

It's free... you need to see the Security Briefing movie from Civ3. It's AMUSING to say the least. HEH.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthSwordsman
            I found a good freeware tool that plays .bik files *bink* from Civ3, as well as a good many other games...

RAD Game Tools' web page. RAD makes Bink Video, the Telemetry Performance Visualization System, and Oodle Data Compression - all popular video game middleware.

It's free... you need to see the Security Briefing movie from Civ3. It's AMUSING to say the least. HEH.
            Some games of interest that use Smacker and Bink video formats.

SW Rebellion
            Dark Force II: Jedi Knight
            AvP and AvP:GE

There are a couple others that use it, but I just can't think of their names right now.

As for the Security Briefing, I'm guessing that's the easter egg.
            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

It is indeed, Grand Admiral Thrawn. Very amusing, to say the least.

Comment

I once tried to rename the security briefing movie to intro.bik (or whatever the intro movie is called) and could not watch it... I started the game and nothing happened, just a blank screen. And I could not access the main menu after that.
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Try the player. I tried the renaming thing, didn't work for me either. The player is free.

Comment

Working...
                  X