Radical Idea????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Radical Idea????

I just had an idea----"anti-wonders" that you could build right next to a civ you are trying to sabatoge while gaining financially at the same time---i.e. a drug cartel. You add to another civs corruption and unhappy citizens while raking in money. Any thoughts?

P.S. there could even be a Studio 54 or reality show small" anti wonder"

Interesting idea.

Venger

Comment

I do like this!!!!!!

Comment

Cool!! Tijuana!!
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Too much CTP over this idea. Something like the Hollywood wonder. I rather smash the poor bastards under the tracks of my tanks and MA than send an army of lawyers to sue them. Did anyone ever use the Neural Ad in CTP and CTP2?
          So get your Naomi Klein books and move it or I'll seriously bash your faces in! - Supercitizen to stupid students
          Be kind to the nerdiest guy in school. He will be your boss when you've grown up!

Comment

Olaf,

I played Call to Power oh so briefly, and came to the conclusion that CTP itself was an "anti-wonder." I thought my idea seemed vaugley familiar though...

Comment

I agree
              Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

Originally posted by XarXo
                I agree
                XarXo, next time I see your stupid "I agree" spam, I'm inclined to report it to a mod

Comment

Originally posted by Lucilla
                  XarXo, next time I see your stupid "I agree" spam, I'm inclined to report it to a mod
                  yes, someone wants to get to Prince, don't they?

I actually liked CTP - subneural ads are cool

But building a wonder solely for the purpose of damage seems a bit analogous. Wonders should help your empire, not hurt someone else. Can anyone think of any examples of 'anti-wonders'? - governments hardly build drug cartels.
                  Up the Irons!
                  Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                  Odysseus and the March of Time
                  I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Zulu...

I see your point, although the primary reason for cartels is to make money,"sabatouge" was just an afterthought I guess...I wouls like to see spying, intrigue and the inteligence agency beefed up just a little. And I don't know about govts not building cartels...ask the DEA ()

And Lucilla, as far as xarxo's nonsene...I agree GET HIM

Comment

Working...
                    X