Air question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Air question

If you set a fighter to air supiriority on an aircraft carrier, does that actually intercept nearby planes? Does it still if you move the ship?

IIRC, after you move the ship you must reactivate the fighter and reassign it to air superiority - otherwise it won't do anything.

Comment

1.21 fixed that problem Carver.

Fighters now stay on Air Superiority even if the carrier moves.

Comment

Thanks, while I'm at it, what's the operation range of a plane of supiriority?

Comment

I think it's about 4 or 5 squares. Just a bit outside the city radius. I cannot confirm this because I usually set up fighters in all of my cities within enemy striking range.

I do know that they only attack once. So if they hit you with 5 or 6 bombers you will only attempt to shoot down one.

Comment

Air superiority range is half of the air unit's total range -- so if a jet fighter's range is 8 (I can't recall what it is ), then its air superiority coverage is four tiles from its home base (city or carrier).

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Williams
              Thanks, while I'm at it, what's the operation range of a plane of supiriority?
              It is 1/2 its operational range. So, if your fighter has an operational range of 8, it's air superiority range is 4.

Comment

btw: Does this work for carriers too?
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                X