Secret Declaration of War [or bug?]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Secret Declaration of War [or bug?]

I have found what I believe is a classic, down-to-earth bug. It seems the game in certain cases mixes up who is at war when a civilization is eliminated. I believe I have seen this before - but could not reproduce then and attributed it to some fault I felt I must have made. This time I can reproduce the problem:

Load the attached game.
    Verify that you are only at war with the Babylonians.
    Attack and "install a new governor" in the last Babylonian City.
    Thereafter, with no warning, you are at war with the Russians! (Check with Foreign Advisor to verify).

This seems VERY wrong.
    (Or perhaps I am missing out on something?)

BTW, I have had 50+ Great Leaders in the game. They are now (in the otherwise excellent Patch 1.21f) far too easy to get in large numbers.
    Attached Files
    /Elagabalus

Re: Secret Declaration of War [or bug?]

Originally posted by Elagabalus
    BTW, I have had 50+ Great Leaders in the game. They are now (in the otherwise excellent Patch 1.21f) far too easy to get in large numbers.
    Wow
    You are a warmonger, aren't you?
    Nym
    "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

How can you get so many great leaders ?
      How do they show up in the military screen ?
      Did you moderated the game ?

Comment

i don't have time to download the sav right now, so i'll just ask...do the babylonians have a protection pact with russia?

Comment

Originally posted by SABRA
          How can you get so many great leaders ?
          How do they show up in the military screen ?
          Did you moderated the game ?
          I don't think he means at the same time, but
          during the whole game

still that's a fre*king lot
          you were able to use them on at least 1
          wonder i hope
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
          Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Did you sign a military alliance with Russia? If so, was it part of a peace treaty? btw, I can't download the file, I don't seem to be able to download anything atm.

Comment

Nice bug. You have no alliances with russia, and the only alliance russia has with babylon is right of passage. During movement you cant possibly hit any russian units either. I reloaded, traded loads with russia (who stayed furious) and still the same happened. I know civ's get mad when you wipe out an AI civ, but theres no warning of them declaring war as you say. Strange. Anyone at Firaxis know of this one?
              "Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender B. Rodriguez

Comment

Working...
              X