Turn the damn sound off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn the damn sound off

Basic bug. I like to listen to music or the radio while playing civ, often I use the computer for this. Whenever I open it, however, the sound is on, even though it is listed as being off. Sometimes it comes on for no reason, and I have to sit there and listen to crappy music until my turn starts, and then I learn it's STILL NOT ON. How can I turn something off when the little box is unchecked, I can't uncheck it more. It turns out that you can do so by turning it on and off, but even then it's not completly off because bird keeps chirping in the backround every ten minutes or so. I would expect such a simple thing to be less stupid.

Set your mixer settings to Mute before starting up Civ III if it really gets on your nerves that much.

But yes, I have noticed that even when I turn all sounds off, there's still birds chirping, combat noises, etc. and I remain confident that Firaxis will fix it eventually. It hardly bothers me at all since I usually listen to a discman with earphones.
    "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
    "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

i assume oyuve put all the volume controls down to 0 in the game.. try deleting all the music from whever it is in the directories

Comment

I thought S (Ctrl+S ?) mutes all Civ sound, including battle noises and birds. It might be the same setting as using the check-box, though.

DeepO

Comment

Was there not talk about winamp ?

Comment

If all sounds are off, the f@c$in' birds still tweet periodically. annoying if you are listening to some bangin tunes and it comes on half way through.
            The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

If you cannot TUNE OUT the bleepin' birds and wolf howls IN YOUR OWN MIND ...

Then either change your mind, or ... (oh, never mind)!

Comment

Working...
              X