Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by King_Xerces
    Also, one more, ?.

How do you buy temples or units? I can't find the control for that, although I've heard it's possible.

-Thanks
    Right-click on a city and you should see an option to "Hurry" the current project. You can only buy improvements or units under certain kinds of government.

I did suspect that Regent level might get you a couple of times. I'm not sure if the computer is just efficient at this level or if it actually...um...loosens the rules for itself a little

Comment

Just a thought:

Always send some defenders with your attacking army. It whould minimize losses.

Oh, and I hate Babylon too...

I have been known to divert other planse just to crush them...
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by King_Xerces
        Thanks for the advice, all!

Soon though, I came into contact with the Babylonians. AHHHHHHH!! I hate them Babylonians! I'd been situated next to them in all of my previous games, and let me tell you, they're the most malicious and vengeful civ there is.......
        This might have to do with how you setup your game.
        there is an option called 'start with culturally linked civs' ( something like that )
        if you uncheck this option you probably won't start next to the Babs. Still possible though since they are now random, but it won't happen every time
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

This might have to do with how you setup your game.
          there is an option called 'start with culturally linked civs' ( something like that )
          if you uncheck this option you probably won't start next to the Babs. Still possible though since they are now random, but it won't happen every time
          Ah, no wonder! I just started the game with China before reading this, and lO and behoold, Japan is ploped right next to me! Thanks for the advice! I'm sick of Babylon, Sick

We should all start an anti-Bablyon club, but call it something constructive like.... The destroy Babylon Club! Mwahaha (evil laugh).

Comment

One thing that I learnt from my early games is that you need to have early wars and rid yourself of near by enemy civs. I play the Persians all the time and always have Babylon close by. I ALWAYS destroy them as quick as I can. My current game is a HUGE Monarch 16 civs and I have destroyed 9 of the 16 civs by 500AD. I like early wars. Currently two more civs are at war with me (stupid) as I am at least ten times the size of them and ahead in tech too.

But anyway I always destroy nearby civs first.

Comment

i played chieftan for a long time, to get used to the new setup and because i didn't have much time to devote to a serious game. now that i have some time off, i've started moving up in levels and the game is definitely a lot more more interesting. regent is the most fun for me

Comment

Working...
              X