Do we like Civ3 or not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zulu9812
    The problem with Civ III is not the format, or the graphics, or anything of that ilk: the problem is that CivII is now what? - 6 years old?, and we see very little progression from there.
    couldn't have said it better. This would be a great game if CivII and SMAC never existed.
    Hoya Saxa

Comment

Satisfied and enjoying it but it could be better...
      FRANCE.

Comment

Re: Re: Disastified.

Originally posted by miccofl

So then- you bought it just to post on the discussion forums?
        I bought it 'cause I thought it was going to be good - you don't have to own civ3 to post on apolyton.
        Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

satisfied and enjoying it

think that with all its flaws, its still better than 2 and SMAC.

wish it was better, but am ok with it now.

I esp. like the ease of use of the editor to change things I don't care for in the game.

Also the ai is more challenging than in the other games. I would gladly sacrifice a few options in gameplay in exchange from a challenge from the ai, as I have no time for mp and will probably only play sp.

Comment

Good AI - poorly implemented interface and information access that makes the game more of a chore than necessary.
            Yes, let's be optimistic until we have reason to be otherwise...No, let's be pessimistic until we are forced to do otherwise...Maybe, let's be balanced until we are convinced to do otherwise. -- DrSpike, Skanky Burns, Shogun Gunner
            ...aisdhieort...dticcok...

Comment

Satisfied and enjoying it.

Looking forward to PTW!
              "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
              I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
              --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

satisfied and enjoying it...

now bring the scenario editor, change some small things here and there and i'd change my vote to "perfect"
                - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

satsfied....but only after tweaking corruption.
                  "And that, my friends, sucks goat ass." ---Venger---

Comment

I love the game but I was ultimatly dissapointed with the espionage feature. I miss the little spy unit from Civ 2 but see why they killed him. What I really was mad about was reading that I could poisen water supply in the damn manual but when I go to play the game it was not there. They could have at least taken it out of the damn book Screw political correctness and sorry for september 11 and all but this is getting redicilous. They kill my poeple AND riun my video games. Thats where I draw the line

Comment

Working...
                    X