No announcement yet.

Workers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unit trading would be fun. See if you can figure out where that tank came from.

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf

Isn't that a bit dumb. How often does the AI have a worker inside its capital? Maybe every 15th turn or something. It should be easier to trade workers in my opinion.
      when you attack, the AI runs workers into its cities. if you attack near the capitial, all the workers run there.

for the AI, i think it's more of a "please dont destroy me" gambit.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

after 1.21 it is more difficult IMO though.
        he will pull them back to his cities as before, but will use them to rush buy militairy units faster.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

--Worker Trading--
          You can usually get about 30 Gold per worker. Or you can get several workers for a tech plus cash.

Even though all workers show up on your trade screen as from your nationality, that's not always the case. And, I've found out, that just because Motezuma trades you a worker, it might turn out to be Greek or something. All workers apear as whichever nationality is trading them.

--Unit Trading--
          As well as supplying an ally w/ units, a nice feature would be unit 'borrowing'. For example, your ally has 30 transports or something and you want to put your bazillion land units on another continent on which you don't yet have an airport, Couldn't you 'rent' your ally's transports or something. This would be a cool feature to see in the game.
          "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Thing is - alliances don't really mean anything in CivIII. No-one is your friend, only enemies yet to be conquered. Again, using SMAC as a shining example (), your units could occupy the same square as a unit from the same Brotherhood pact
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!
            Odysseus and the March of Time
            I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

[SIZE=1] ....using SMAC as a shining example (), your units could occupy the same square as a unit from the same Brotherhood pact

That would be very useful in Civ3. I don't know how many times I've had to go around 'friendly' units to reach a common enemy.

I've only played Civ and Civ3, looks like SMAC might have to be put on my list of software to play obsessively for several months.
              "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

There seems to be something wrong with the captured workers and settlers .
                They show up in the diplomacy screen as the ones from my civ ?

Comment

Working...
                X