SUGGESTION: text file history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUGGESTION: text file history

At the end of each game, or when we quit, there's a rather nice addition in Civ 3 where the major events (wonders, and cities founding and falling to different hands) are replayed.

It is however a pain in the ass to watch through all of it, and even the skip function is rather limited and tedious to manage.

Would it be possible for Firaxis to include, in the upcoming patch, an option for players to export this historical data into a "*.txt" file that they can view for their own liesure?

I think the story writing community would benefit from this with good dates to approximate wars, and for others, just a nice addition to keep archived histories of their Civ games.

Any thoughts?
    AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
    Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
    Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Yes!

There should be a way to access the 'data' that is stored by those high scores...and to relive the moment!
    They're coming to take me away, ha ha...

Comment

CIV1 allowed such an export of the data into a text file, and the export included a world map in text format. I also would like to see this included in CIV3.
      None, Sedentary, Roving, Restless, Raging ... damn, is that all? Where's the "massive waves of barbarians that can wipe out your civilisation" setting?

Comment

bump

Comment

i hate bumps
          Up the Irons!
          Rogue CivIII FAQ!
          Odysseus and the March of Time
          I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

thanks for bumping it for me

Comment

i've always wanted to watch them again! And for it to continue recording after 2050, i had a fun first game, and my research took me past 2050 and it war around 2050 when it got interesting with nuclear wars and crap like that!
              Help negate the vegiterian movement!
              For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

this would be so sweet!

please, firaxis, please!
                "Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality" Jules de Gaultier, French writer

Comment

Working...
                X