Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is best method to post mini-map image?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is best method to post mini-map image?

What is the best way to post a small mini map image to the forum?

Been a long time since did graphics in windows. Prt-Screen loads to buffer. Paste inserts buffer into paint and can save as bmp. But just want the mini map not the entire F3 screen.

What would you recommend to crop F3 screen down to minimap?

Do I want a bmp, gif, or jpg file type?

Are there restrictions or ways that work best.

.jpg are the best, that way the 56k-ers can get it fast.

you can crop it down in the paint program OR just get a program like irfanview and 'change size' of the pic to shrink the whole thing down...

Comment

Moreover, if you ttach a .jpg file, our board system automatically shows the image in your post.
      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Paint Shop Pro is a good graphics program. Well worth the price since you can load and save almost any image format.

http:\\www.jasc.com

As to images, if you have PSP, you can then reduce the colour depth to 256 (8bpp) and save as a .gif. Not all images like having their colours reduced, but those that can generally have a smaller file size than .jpg's without the usual reduction of quality.
        There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Originally posted by Qilue
          Paint Shop Pro is a good graphics program. Well worth the price since you can load and save almost any image format.

http:\\www.jasc.com

As to images, if you have PSP, you can then reduce the colour depth to 256 (8bpp) and save as a .gif. Not all images like having their colours reduced, but those that can generally have a smaller file size than .jpg's without the usual reduction of quality.
          Thanks, jpg show horrible.

Comment

Working...
          X