Mass production

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mass production

I've got a city producing 174 shields in the industrial age. This is by far the highest I've ever had. I'm just wondering what other people have had for really high production? I know it can go higher than what I've got because I suck and I don't have nuclear power plants yet.
    Attached Files

This is during Golden Age, isn't it?
    Still, pretty impressive.
    "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

WOAH!! I've never seen that much production before, did you set that up or is it on a random map?

Comment

That is REALLY impressive!

But why are you building infantery? That is a waste of shields....
        Member of Official Apolyton Realistic Civers Club.
        If you can't solve it, it's not a problem--it's reality
        "All is well your excellency, and that pleases me mightily"

Comment

If that is not set up, that must be the best starting location I've ever seen.
          I often have cities that produce over 200 shields, at the modern era.
          On industrial era best cities usually are at 80-100 shields.
          "In some of its more lunatic aspects, political correctness is merely ridiculous. But in the thinking behind it, there is something more sinister which is shown by the fact that already there are certain areas and topics where freedom of speech, in the sense of the right to open and frank discussion, is being gradually but significantly eroded." -- Judge Neil Denison

Comment

iron works
            Illegitimi Non Carborundum

Comment

Originally posted by Ignorance
              This is during Golden Age, isn't it?
              Still, pretty impressive.
              Yeah a pretty badly timed Golden Age as half my cities don't have anything to build except military.

Originally posted by Space05us
              WOAH!! I've never seen that much production before, did you set that up or is it on a random map?
              It's not random and I didn't set it up. It was Marla's World Map that I downloaded from www.civ3.com .

Originally posted by campmajor!
              That is REALLY impressive!

But why are you building infantery? That is a waste of shields....
              Yeah its a huge waste but I have no improvements to build and infantry is the best military unit I have available to build.

Originally posted by Ignorance
              If that is not set up, that must be the best starting location I've ever seen.
              I often have cities that produce over 200 shields, at the modern era.
              On industrial era best cities usually are at 80-100 shields.
              Its Marla's World Map and this city is in the New York New Jersey area.

Originally posted by jshelr
              iron works
              Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by delsolsi

Yeah its a huge waste but I have no improvements to build and infantry is the best military unit I have available to build.
                Why not go for wealth?
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by alva848

Why not go for wealth?
                  Because that would be even a bigger waste than infantry.

By the way when the golden age ended my production was 135 shields.

Comment

Re: Mass production

Originally posted by delsolsi
                    I've got a city producing 174 shields in the industrial age. This is by far the highest I've ever had. I'm just wondering what other people have had for really high production? I know it can go higher than what I've got because I suck and I don't have nuclear power plants yet.
                    I had my highest on Cheftain. Not during a golden age, 200. I wasted my golden age during the first few years (blank that wonder*
                    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
                    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Comment

Assuming a factory and iron works, total shields produced are

58 x 1.5 x 2 = 174

or

59 x 1.5 x 2 = 177

How does the game reach a total of 175?

Comment

This is what a set-up looks like... Actually it wasn't a set up, but a test game I used to try out some A/D/M alterations and new units.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Nice production there. The highest I've had is 236 or so, there were 3 coal next to each other .
                          Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
                          Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Yeah, 863 was OK but I did get a few into the 900's with this one (got a conquest win with 43K+) but like I said, it was a test game. Five units passed muster, but a new army class unit never even showed. Maybe I should start a thread for that?

Comment

Assuming a factory and iron works, total shields produced are

58 x 1.5 x 2 = 174

or

59 x 1.5 x 2 = 177

How does the game reach a total of 175?
                              Waste.

Comment

Working...
                              X