Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right of Passage

Question:

Why can't you negotiate a deal where one civ gives another right of passage in its territory, while the other civ trades something other than right of passage in return?

Example: I think the U.S. operations in Afghanistan constitute right of passage, but I don't think that means the U.S. would be happy to let any Afghan military types run free across the U.S.

That's a very good point that I think should be addressed in a future patch. This would be useful especially on a continent types of maps where you sometimes would have to cross through somebody's land in order to come to his aid or in order to annihilate another civ. My guess is that there might be some difficulty for Firaxis to "convince" the AI to accept such an agreement, but it would be cool (I wouldn't have myriads of AI units strolling through my lands).
    Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
    Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
    Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

I like the idea as well.

It has been mentioned in a previous thread:
      One way ROP?

So there are more people who would like to have it.

Comment

This idea has been raised before in another thread. And it is a very correct idea. There is no reason for an exact exchange for Rop and the like.
        "Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys."
        --P.J. O'Rourke

Comment

Working...
        X