An interesting game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting game.

A game I just won, started kind of awful, but had a nice finish.

You see, I was playing Egypt and sharing a continent with Babylon and Persia. While I did have the dye monopoly, I also had a much bigger Persia exotrting them out of me. I knew in ancient era, if he decided to invade, I had little hope of repelling his Immortals. Same with medieval since I didn't get any saltpetre. The first time he extorted them out of me, I simply shrugged and continued playing, the second time annoyed me and after the third extortion threat, I became 'motivated'.

He largely left me alone throughout industrial and modern while he exterminated the babylonians. Then in modern era, I once again got the 'give me dyes or else' threat after he had eliminated the babylonians. While Xerxes did outnumber me, the Egyptian Secret Service had me well informed with his military compostion. I summarily rejected him which he responded by declaring war and for the first time in that game, I smiled.

You see, for Xerxes, there was bad news, worse news and really appalling news.
    Bad news - I had tanks, ships and bombers.
    Worse news - They were modern armour, battleships and stealth bombers.
    Really appalling news - I had over 200+, 80+, 70+.

5 turns later with most of his navy sunk, his air force shot down, a large portion of his 'mighty army' butchered and about 1/3 of his cities razed, he came begging for peace.

Payback's a *****.

Interestingly, a few turns after later, Ghandi tried threatening dyes out of me too. Apparently he was only kidding because he then accepted a 1 for 1 luxury trade that continued after the 20 turns were up.

The arrow in the image shows where the 5 turn Egyptian-Persian war took place.
    Attached Files
    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Great story. I wish all stories had accompanying power graphs like that.
    Fitz. (n.) Old English
    1. Child born out of wedlock.
    2. Bastard.

Comment

how many units of thiers did you kill?!

Comment

He started with around ~360 infantry, ~100 Mech Inf, ~60 Immortals, ~30 Riflemen, ~25 bombers, ~30 ships of varying class and about 50 cities.

By the time he sued for peace, he had ~220 infantry, ~30 Mech inf, no Immortals , ~5-6 Riflemen, no Bombers, 6 ships and about 30 cities.

I didn't make an accurate count since I was kind of enjoying razing his cities and slaughtering his military.
        There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Heh. You're right, "Payback's a *****."

Nice story.
          I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Just out of curiosity, did you move settlers in to occupy his lands?
            AI:C3C Debug Game Report (Part1) :C3C Debug Game Report (Part2)
            Strategy:The Machiavellian Doctrine
            Visit my WebsiteMonkey Dew

Comment

Working...
            X