No announcement yet.

Gandhi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gandhi has some merit though. As many other leaders, he's a guy who stands for the independance and unity (well, he failed about unity ) of his nation. Just like Bismark, Joan of Arc, Tokugawa, Shaka etc.
    With this in mind, Gandhi (and even Joan ! ) makes sense
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Why does he have to be an elected leader. Wasn't he a "leader" enough in the independance movement? (And spiritually as well?)
      Sorry....nothing to say!

Comment

What about Siddhartha? He founded Buddhism, one of the most widespread and enduring religious movements in history. (iirc he's already one of India's GLs.)

Comment

I think Washington should be the leader of America, as he was one of the most important people in American history. Abe Lincoln just happend to be there during the civil war, and just happend to sign a bill to free the slaves to fight for the north.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
            I think Washington should be the leader of America, as he was one of the most important people in American history. Abe Lincoln just happend to be there during the civil war, and just happend to sign a bill to free the slaves to fight for the north.
            IMO Washington was a great moral leader. He could rally the troops and had very loyal followers. But he wasnt all that bright when it came to strategy/policy. Thats why I think Lincoln is ideal for both a level of brains and level of integrity. FDR might be a good choice too.
            "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

wouldn't it be funny if they made Dole or Clinton the leader

Comment

Ghandi and Joan were figurative leaders. and in Ghandi's case, hes popular, thats why I guess.

Abe is cool, but i woulda used one of the Roosevelts. Either one.
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I can't tell you how brokenhearted I was when one of the Firaxians said that Godzilla couldn't be the leader of the dino civ because of licensing issues. Darn it.

Comment

Even if Gandhi was the most popular figure in India, if he were running things they would never delcare war.

Comment

Originally posted by Ogie Oglethorpe

Or even Charlemegne
                      Well, he was more Franc than French...
                      Nym
                      "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Working...
                      X