Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple EDITOR request: Split corruption slider to waste & coruption sliders

I do like playing with high corruption.
    But I don't like 90 turns to finish Infantry situation, for some far away city.

I would like to INCREASE corruption and REDUCE waste.

That way I could play enlightened small states, which would have better tech then big decapent empires (because on higher corruption then in default game).
    On the other hand big decapent empire will have much better numbers in its army since it will have lower waste then in default game.

In fact, players could get a strategical choice:
    1) big, decadent, lower tech, militray state or
    2) small enlightent state, with higher tech, but weaker military

P.S.
    Personlly I would also like to have default game changed to have higher corrutpion and lower waste.

P.P.S.
    I know that Firaxis is not planning to change corruption model, but what about one small tweak?
    It could incerase gameplay.
    It still limits big empires in some way (commerce).
    And it's just several bytes in code.
    (and some playtesting time)

Please?

Hi Player1,

I couldn't agree with you more. What I would especially love to see, in the editor, is the ability to make new improvements which could reduce waste or corruption or even both. With your idea it might even be possible to create improvements which reduce waste, but INCREASE corruption!! Well, we can only hope.

Yours,
    The_Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

hi ,

it would not even have to be a slider , just a field that contains the percentage , from minus 100 , O , to plus 100 , ...

one field for each , ...

have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

You know, higher corruption, and lower waste could realy give you some IMERIALISTIC feeling in this game.

Comment

That's a very good idea player1. Excellent.

Aussie, you can add corruption (and waste) reductions in the editor. Increase? No not yet. Likely? Only the gods know.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Hi NYE,

Is that so? I thought you could only reduce corruption and waste as a single entity, not seperately reduce corruption OR waste!! Guess I'd better take a better look at the editor functions before I say too much more! I still stand by my desire, however, to create improvements that lower one form, at the cost of increasing the other!

Yours,
            The_Aussie_Lurker

Comment

I answered you desire to reduce 'both'. That can be done. Didn't state that clearly. Sorry.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Working...
              X