• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Communism

Hi everybody!

I can't build any buildings in communism

Does anybody know why

I deleted all my games so I can't tell you exactly what to look for but go to your domestic advisor. In communism your cultural advisor has a setting under government type called military readiness or something. It should be set to normal if you want to build buildings...

Comment

ooops It really is on wartimes, but i cant set it back..

Is it impossible or am i just too drunken for Civ3?

Comment

You are probably in wartime mobilization. This only allows you to build military related things. You have to switch back to normal, but in order to do so you have to sign at least one peace treaty. Good luck

Comment

OK, the mobilization is there for any government, and gets enabled my Nationalism. To demobilize, you need to sign at least one Peace Treaty, after which demobilization becomes available on the Domestic Advisor.
          Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
          I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Originally posted by Solver
            OK, the mobilization is there for any government, and gets enabled my Nationalism. To demobilize, you need to sign at least one Peace Treaty, after which demobilization becomes available on the Domestic Advisor.
            I believe demobilization is automatic with the first peace treaty.

Comment

demobilisation is not automatic. i havent used communism much, but it is not automatic under democrazy.

Comment

Demobilization is not automatic, and (de)mobilization has nothing to with government type.

When I say stuff like this, I know what am I saying.
                Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Demobilization is not automatic, and (de)mobilization has nothing to with government type. When I say stuff like this, I know what am I saying.
                  I believe you. I just can't remember it asking (and am no where near a gaming computer).

Comment

Demobilization is not automatic, and (de)mobilization has nothing to with government type.
                    Like Zach, I believe you -- I enjoy reading your well-informed, helpful posts. But I too thought that a peace treaty automatically dumps you out of mobilization, and am also not near a game PC. Maybe tonight. Wouldn't be the first time I misremembered something about the game . . .

Catt

Comment

Originally posted by Catt

Like Zach, I believe you -- I enjoy reading your well-informed, helpful posts. But I too thought that a peace treaty automatically dumps you out of mobilization, and am also not near a game PC. Maybe tonight. Wouldn't be the first time I misremembered something about the game . . .

Catt
                      Its unrelated. Its purely an 'economic' status. I could go into war weariness to build up my troops before an anticipated war, or I could sign a treaty with complete intensions of violating it in 10 turns. Germany was in wartime mobilization a few years before WW2 IMO. Perhaps the US was in wartime mobilization through the eighties.
                      "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Pythagoras

Its unrelated. Its purely an 'economic' status. I could go into war weariness to build up my troops before an anticipated war, or I could sign a treaty with complete intensions of violating it in 10 turns.
                        My only point is: when mobilized, if you make peace, (1) does your economy automatically "de-mobilize" and go back to a peacetime mode (all builds available, no shield bonus), or (2) must you choose to go back to a peacetime economy (through a pop-up or by going to the domestic advisor screen). I thought it was the former, Solver says it's the latter. Don't care who's right, just want to know the answer.

Catt

Comment

I have used mobilization 3 or 4 times now and I'm pretty sure that I always dropped out of it automatically, once I signed a peace treaty.

Comment

Since I've never been asked if I want to leave mobilization, I vote automatic.
                            Fitz. (n.) Old English
                            1. Child born out of wedlock.
                            2. Bastard.

Comment

Automatic

Automatic.

It's 1844AD, and there is war between Germany v. India and France, the French and Indian War as it's known. Playing as the Germans, I approached the Indians for peace. They agree. Mobilization ends. That's it. The moment the peace treaty was made, "war-time" disappeared from the status box. There was no message box even after end-turn. I was still at war with France.

Comment

Working...
                              X