how do the ratings work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how do the ratings work?

How do the ratings for each post work? Is there a way to rate a post? What do the numbers mean?

thanks
    While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

This should be in the A/C forum not here......mods?
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

oh, sorry

do you know how it works Tuberski? Why would this be in the A/C forum exclusively?

Did I post in the wrong place?
      While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

vee,

Look down towards the bottom, there is a "Rate This Thread" selector up and to the left of the Quick Reply box.

I guess the posted ratings are an average of whoever rates.

I typically pay extra attention (or not) to 5s and 1s.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by vee4473
          oh, sorry

do you know how it works Tuberski? Why would this be in the A/C forum exclusively?

Did I post in the wrong place?
          Because, it's not a game related issue, it's a website issue.

That being said, the rating is supposed to help you know how informative or interesting a thread is.

Most of the time they are set either really high by the thread starter, or really low by someone being a smarta$$.

Hope this helps.

Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
            vee,

Look down towards the bottom, there is a "Rate This Thread" selector up and to the left of the Quick Reply box.

I guess the posted ratings are an average of whoever rates.

I typically pay extra attention (or not) to 5s and 1s.
            I don't usually ever look at that, because usually it means the 1 person who voted hates the person or disagrees with what they're saying (even if it's a very good argument).

Comment

Besides confirming that it should be in A/C forum, here's how it works.

If 5 or more people have ranked a threat, its average rating shows up. Easy as that.
              Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
              I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

I think it also works with one person rating already. There are lots of threads that have been ranked by one or two votes only. You can see that when you put your mouse pointer over the stars, it'll show you something like "2 votes - 5.00 average".

Comment

Working...
                X