Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which victory conditions do you turn off?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I turn culture off -- I am a builder and love "culture war", but it causes the game to end much too soon with the culture victory condition. With it off, I can culture war to my heart's content with no fear of a sudden stop to the fun.
    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

At what difficulty level?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Hmmm, this should probably be a multiple choice poll.

I usually turn off Space and Diplomatic for my fun games, but I don't turn any off if I really want to play a serious game.

Comment

I don't turn any of them off. I'm lazy.
          "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
          "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
          "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
          "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Where's the option for:

"I don't turn anything off, it's just one big banana game to me."

I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I turn off cultural, diplomatic and domination.
              It's just so anticlimatic to get suddendly a "you've won !" checkbox out of nowhere that end the game.
              Feels more like a sudden death rather than a victory.
              Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

Yes - there should be a movie for all victories, not just Space Race
                Up the Irons!
                Rogue CivIII FAQ!
                Odysseus and the March of Time
                I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

You are correct zulu.

I didn't see it until March or so, after many games completed by victory (and defeat or resignation) by other than space ship.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

On a previous vein, defeat should involve more than the bruised screen.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

I just finished my 1.17/16 cvi/Regent/Huge with large continents game by launching the ship (in 2011). I can understand going to Mars before getting Robotics, but not Alpha C. Perhaps I'll move the Superconductor advance to after Robotics.

WHAT am I saying!! It took me 3-1/2 MONTHS to finish that game!

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                        On a previous vein, defeat should involve more than the bruised screen.
                        Yes! When you lose your last city, your leadership image should play an animation similar to a Rifleman when it is destroyed. Full body shot, 3/4 screen size, frontal view. I think it would work really well to dramatize your boffing it totally.

If you lose just because someone else wins, a frontal face shot like those we are so totally familiar with of a -- just a total letdown/disappointment frown.

If you lose to someone else launching, you get to be "surprised" by watching the movie, THEN having the frown shot.

Comment

Diplomatic and sometimes space ship.
                          Somebody told me I should get a signature.

Comment

Working...
                          X