sorry-another dumb question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sorry-another dumb question

Please forgive me for asking something that is basic knowledge here, but I want to find out quick. My first question is:
    1. Is there a save game editor where you can edit what technologies each civ has and how much $ is in their treasury? If so, where can I download it?

2. People always speak of 'the editor' where you can edit units and create new ones. Where can I download this?

Sorry for dumb questions
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

ok, I figured out what the editor was. I'm so stupid! I have a problem with it though. When I go to the rules menu, all of the rules are in gray and I can't figure out how to select them!!!
    "The first man who, having fenced off a plot of land, thought of saying, 'This is mine' and found people simple enough to believe him was the real founder of civil society. How many crimes, wars, murders, how many miseries and horrors might the human race had been spared by the one who, upon pulling up the stakes or filling in the ditch, had shouted to his fellow men: 'Beware of listening to this imposter; you are lost if you forget the fruits of the earth belong to all and that the earth belongs to no one." - Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Comment

Under the 'Scenario' heading in the Editor, there's a 'Custom Rules' option. Click on that, and then all the sub-catagories under 'Rules-->Edit' become available. Enjoy.

(p.s.: I don't know of any save game editors, least of all such as you mentioned. Hope you can find one.)
      "...it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness and exploit it." Commander Togge, SW:ANH

Comment

You seem to be looking for Graphos' Civ3MultiTool.

Look in the Creation and Files forums for the tool and discussions about it's uses. Also stay tuned for upcoming patches. The Firaxians have said something about an improved editor sometime in June (maybe July).
        (\__/)
        (='.'=)
        (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

You could also load the existing rules file, i.e. click on the "open" icon and select civ3mod.bic. Remember to make a backup first.

Comment

I would recommend never editting the civ3mod.bic file.

Rather than doing this, which will affect all future games (at least till the next patch which will give you a new civ3mod.bic), just open a new scenario in the editor. Then choose use default rules. The rules are now the same as civ3mod.bic. After you've tweaked stuff to your satisfaction, save it to whatever name you want (.bic) in the scenarios directory. When you start a new game, choose Load Scenario. Your modiifed rules set will be there.
            Seemingly Benign
            Download Watercolor Terrain - New Conquests Watercolor Terrain

Comment

I've never seen a saved game editor. But if you want to edit the graphics, I recommend "FLICster" you can get it at civfanatics' forum.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Indeed, Gramphos C3MT is the thing to use. U can find it in the FILES forum. It won't (at least the version I use won't) let you edit $ and advances, but you can edit cities, and units.

Asmodean
                Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Working...
                X