Confession. I suck at Civ III.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I suck too Sloww

I can't count the number of mistakes I make and am even with the computer in Monarch and 16 Civs

I have only played a few games though

perhaps I should lower the difficulty level also?

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

of course I always randomise what civ I play (maybe I should change that also)

I actually haven't played a number of them

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
        I suck too Sloww

I can't count the number of mistakes I make and am even with the computer in Monarch and 16 Civs

I have only played a few games though

perhaps I should lower the difficulty level also?

Jon Miller
        hi ,

trying is the best option , one can learn on different way's , ...one of them to start with a lower level , ...

tip ; play as often as you can with 16 civ's , on the biggest map , 256X256 , ....

have a nice day
        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I always play 16 civs + largest map

Jon Miller
          Jon Miller-
          I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Re: Obsolete Units

Obsolete units are great for hurrying production in your outlying/corrupt cities. If you suddenly have cities on another continent and you have already built the FP, then in Rep/Dem this is the way to go to lessen the financial impact of building improvements.

Better yet, in the modern age, I build jet fighters, fly them to the city in need of improvement (e.g., growing city needs a marketplace), and disband them next turn. I get a full shield for every 4 expended because of its 100 shield cost. No airport needed as with ground units. (I was playing a huge-map game.)

I have read how 1.21 isn't nearly so corrupt but haven't played it much yet.

Comment

I was actually thinking of decreasing the map size

might make me a little more aggresive

Jon Miller
              Jon Miller-
              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by panag
                anyway , old units are not word to keep , ..
                If you have plenty, yes. But you only have plenty of units when you are warring, not when you're a builder. This was my point (I'm not going to convince you, I know, but that's ok): a common mistake made by builders is to upgrade too often, while they could have spent that money on much more rewarding things, like bribing the AI into fighting their wars for them. Another common mistake is to build each new unit too much, when you're not planning on using it (aside from the fast defensive attack forces of course). So think before you upgrade whether it will be useful

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by Jaybe
                  Better yet, in the modern age, I build jet fighters, fly them to the city in need of improvement (e.g., growing city needs a marketplace), and disband them next turn. I get a full shield for every 4 expended because of its 100 shield cost.
                  True... jetfighter disbanding is also something I do. Or a bomber when the jets are not available yet. But this happens only for special occasions, by the time I get jets I don't care about newly conquered cities anyway as I'm always very close to victory. So what if a city is not as happy as it could be, they will only endure it for a few years The only exception is when you have to build up culture fast to ensure that a resource city doesn't flip back.

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller
                    I was actually thinking of decreasing the map size

might make me a little more aggresive

Jon Miller
                    hi ,

okay , but to learn its better to go with a big one , ..

havea nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                    X