Number of Civs in New Editor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Number of Civs in New Editor

How many? Did they bump up the limit from 16 to 32? Does anyone know? I'm working on my Napoleon scenario, and I managed to fit everyone I wanted within 32 slots, all I need to know now is whether or not I'll be able to USE them or not with the new editor.

You shall be able to add 15 more civs with the new editor.
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Maybe should clarify myself. The hardcoded limit on civs is 32. Currently 17 of these spots are used (Barbarians use one). 8 more spots (up to 25 total used) will be used by PTW.
      Without PTW: 32 - 17 = 15 spots free
      With PTW: 32 - 25 = 7 spots free

Comment

ah but will those last 7 spots be easily fillable (i.e. official) or will we still need to do it the 'old way'?
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        Odysseus and the March of Time
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

In the chat Mike (I think) said that Civs can be added.

Comment

He mean playable civs.
            CiviPort

Comment

Okay thanks. Looks like I'll have to get rid of someone now after all.

Comment

Playable civs? I don't know. The theoretical limit is 32 (including barbarrians) However, the turn waiting time probably makes Firaxis not to allow that.

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                  Playable civs? I don't know. The theoretical limit is 32 (including barbarrians) However, the turn waiting time probably makes Firaxis not to allow that.
                  They should at least allow it in the editor. That way we can bump it up to 24 (or 32....) civs in a game if we want to, but it's not part of the "official" game. Thus if the game slowed down substantially, Firaxis wouldn't be to blame. I for one at least want the option.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Working...
                  X