Blitz unit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blitz unit?

Just a quick question, what is a blitz unit?

A unit with 2 or more movement points that can attack once for each movement point.
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Is there another requirement for attacking more than once? I've had tanks which only were able to attack once per turn without being moved before the attack.

Comment

Originally posted by dunk999
        Is there another requirement for attacking more than once? I've had tanks which only were able to attack once per turn without being moved before the attack.
        did it move after the attack? there's a flag in the editor saying which units are blitz. Movement+# attacks cannot be greater than its movement allowance.

Comment

dunk999 - are you using the 1.21f patch? I recall this occurring in some prior patch, but I haven't had the problem of tanks losing an attack post-1.21f. (I skipped 1.16 and 1.17 by the way... lucky me).

Also, as Alpha Wolf said, if you attack, win and move into the square formerly occupied by your now dead enemy, that counts as one attack and one move (friendly roads and railroads are another matter).
          "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
          "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
          "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

With 1.17 (or older), only 3-MP blitz units could hit a STACK of units and then attack again.

Previous to the 1.21 bug fix, a 2-MP blitz unit could only attack a second time if it was able to advance after combat.

The bug seemed to penalize the attacking unit a movement point for having to return to the square it attacked from when hitting a stack.

(All the above assumes that you had not expended any movement prior to the initial attack).

Comment

I didn't move the units except for attacking.

It's been a while since it happened to me, but I'm pretty sure it was with 1.21f.

Comment

Working...
              X