No announcement yet.

One way ROP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It would be nice, but I doubt the AI would ever accept it. Countries in Civ aren't like countries in the real world. Civ is basically a collection of superpowers, or strong nations striving to be superpowers. The US, other than its allies, usually only stomps through smaller countries who have no choice. You don't see US forces in Russia, China, or India.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Akka le Vil
      It's already close to impossible to make the AI accept fait deal. I just can't even imagine how you would make it accept a one-way RoP
      when you've slapped one around and taken several cities, you'd be suprised what they offer for peace (a few cities, 150 gold per turn, techs, luxuries).
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Lucilla
        Without the RoP, the AI can't use your roads / railroads, so that slows him down quite significantly.
        Good point, I hadn't thought of that.

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX

when you've slapped one around and taken several cities, you'd be suprised what they offer for peace (a few cities, 150 gold per turn, techs, luxuries).
          That is not a deal, that is extorsion

Seriously, the idea of one-way RoP is a good one.
          But the real fix for the diplomacy comes by evaluation of the deals in an absolute way and no more in a relative one. It's that that f*ck up all the negociations.
          Science without conscience is the doom of the soul.

Comment

While we're at it, why not allow a "Declare War On..." option as well. That way I can pay Germany a whole bunch to go fight the Zulu without declaring war on the Zulu myself. That's one thing I miss from SMAC. Also, a "Make Peace With..." option is needed.
            "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
            "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
            "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Proxy wars would be cool
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
              X