Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the AI mimic the human player's behavior to look 'smart'?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the AI mimic the human player's behavior to look 'smart'?

Im curious about AI trickery. Sometimes It seems like the AI just starts copying my strategies instead of being wholly original. For instance I decided to go back to my old strategy of close city placement, and I noticed the AI started building their cities closer together. When I start going crazy on the units, sometimes the AI does. If Soren really wanted to make the AI awesome he could simply have the AI observe what the competent human player is doing and mimic it. Seems economical also, much cheaper than designing a complex rule-based AI.

So is there a correlation between my strategy and the AI's strategy or am I just hallucinating?
    "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

I think you are wrong, as most peoples strategy falls into one of a few catagories. These are so commonly used it only makes sense to program the AI to use these anyway.
    The strength and ferocity of a rhinoceros... The speed and agility of a jungle cat... the intelligence of a garden snail.

Comment

I haven't noticed the AI mimicing my actions. Maybe I haven't been looking closely enough.

Comment

The AI built their cities close together in most of my games, even if my cities were spread out. That just seems to be an AI strategy.
        "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
        "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
        "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

My perception: The AI seems to have some "strategy flags," vaguely similar to Civ2, where they choose different settling strategies. It might vary from game to game, civ to civ.

Also, isn't it amazing how sometimes WE seem to be mimicing AI strategies!
          (e.g., ICS, giant stacks of invasion troops, ...)

Comment

Jaybe :
            True ! I never ICSed in Civ2, and I did it from as soon as my second Civ3 game. Now, I'm even more ICSing as the AI, since I don't produce any non-settling unit in the early game.
            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I haven’t noticed the AI copying my moves, although that’s not to say the AI is uses original concepts and moves. As a matter of fact I would say that the AI lacks originality and unique thinking styles.

Comment

I imagine I am wrong, I was just throwing another conspiracy theory out there :-D
                "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Working...
                X