Diplomatic effects of Abandon vs. Raze

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diplomatic effects of Abandon vs. Raze

I think I saw a thread here a couple months ago in which a guy asked if razing cities during war makes the AI wait longer to come to the table about a peace treaty. This was pre-1.21, and the consensus was that razing did indeed cause the AI to be slower to negotiate for peace. I wanted to know if anyone had noted a correlation between abandoning cities after they're captured and AI willingness to discuss peace. If abandoning doesn't cause the AI to wait, then that's probably the technique I'd use in the future, as I often have problems with having enough units to mount a strong offense and also defend captured cities.
    KoH
    "There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquistive idiots."

Logically I suppose it would depend on the number of citizens from that other civ that get destroyed in the process...

Comment

Good question. I'm not sure, as I almost never raze or abandon.

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I remember in SMAC, the AI hated your guts if your razed one of their cities and wouldn't even talk to you unless you had a knife to their throat. That was way too far in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
        X