No announcement yet.

Change Mining function!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In the editor you can set it so you can't mine on grasslands or plains. While chances are you probably wouldn't anyway, it would force the AI (and your automated workers, if any) to also never mine flat land.

Or change the graphics.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
      In the editor you can set it so you can't mine on grasslands or plains. While chances are you probably wouldn't anyway, it would force the AI (and your automated workers, if any) to also never mine flat land.

Or change the graphics.
      So nice to see that you've been reading all the posts in this thread Skanky.

And if you remove the mining bonus, you can't mine on grassland even if you wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by Destroyer
        The "second level" is already included after a tile is railroaded.

Farmland was removed and included as part of the rail road bonus.
        Railroad is nothing more than a top-up of the first level of mining and farming. Its not really in any way a second level. It just makes the back and forth transfer of resources quicker and easier (ie. food and water to miners, raw materials from mines to smelter/refinery in city). And food harvested in the irrigated lands would make it to the city quicker, therefore reducing the spoilage.

Second level is making the tile improvement into something new and more advanced. The hole in the ground we see now in the game doesn't seem to me anything like the large scale mining operations around the place (such as the mines I see driving around the region I live at). And I was thinking farmlands used more advanced techniques on top of irrigation.
        "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
        "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

You mine every tile? For efficiency's sake, it's better to mine the shield tiles and irrigate the rest. At least, that's what I do. Frankly, I'm glad mines are there to provide variety. Endless irrigation...
          I myself really love how endless irrigation looks ... very wet and fertile and nice.

Does everyone agree that mining the shield tiles and irrigating the rest is the best thing to do (in general)?

I myelf always irrigate, unless its near the coast, and the city would have no other source of shields.

Perhaps my biggest civ dream has always been to let cities share food and shields. Thus you could have bread basket towns specializing in food, feeding moutain mining towns. Gold is shared throughout the civ, shields and food should be to. Maybe in Civ4! or Civ27 ...
          Good = Love, Love = Good
          Evil = Hate, Hate = Evil

Comment

Working...
          X