Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Re: Re: The Unscheduled Civ3 Chat Log, June 6, 2002

Originally posted by dunk999

If you can add units, you'll be able to add culture specific ones.

You can make units available to 1 culture, 3 cultures or whoever you want to in the editor as it stands now.

There's a box in the editor under the units tab called "available to:" or somesuch, simply select the civ or civs who you want to have this unit available to in that box.

New "non-unique(civ specific units)" were mentioned. I was curious as to how those would be split.
    Will they be there be units unique to each culture?
    Or will the same unit look diferent depending on the Civ?
    Or is there another meaning to that phrase which I am missing?
    If they were available to everyone, why say "civ specific"?
    The true nature of a man is shown by what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Comment

the "civ specific" part was meant as an explanation to "unique", not to "non-unique"
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
        the "civ specific" part was meant as an explanation to "unique", not to "non-unique"
        Thanks for the clarification!
        Either way, more units =
        The true nature of a man is shown by what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Comment

Hi Guys,

I haven't had the opportunity to go through the ENTIRE Chat Log so I was just wondering, did they mention adding any new flags to the editor (like anti-aircraft) or putting editor flags into single pools? I remember that, back in an earlier chat, the developers mentioned how pooling flags, especially for improvements, small wonders and wonders, was one of the items on their "wish-list" for editor changes! Pooling unit and building flags would be great as I would love to be able to have units which can only be built if you have certain buildings present!
          Anyway, any insights you guys might have on this would be much appreciated and, in the meantime, I'll plow through the log!

Yours,
          The_Aussie_Lurker.

Comment

The ability to add units and civs is the most attractive new feature to me. Hope that will work smoothly and perfectly within the existing engine.
            The art of mastering:"la Maîtrise des caprices du subconscient avant tout".

Comment

Mark...take another look at it. The grammar is off and makes you say the opposite of what you mean. I noticed it too, but didn't want to bug you.

The solution is to close the parentheses after "civ-specific" instead of after "unit". Capiche?

Comment

thank you sir

Comment

Re: The Unscheduled Civ3 Chat Log, June 6, 2002

- Ability to allow cities to be build on certain terrain types only
                  YES! YES! YES! YES!

I can stop wishing for this now. No more cities in desert/tundra for the old Stuie Mod.
                  "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
                  "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
                  "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

Re: Re: The Unscheduled Civ3 Chat Log, June 6, 2002

Originally posted by Stuie

YES! YES! YES! YES!

I can stop wishing for this now. No more cities in desert/tundra for the old Stuie Mod.
                    hi ,

lets hope they have a list that you can control true control+enter , ...instead of using only one , that you have several options at the same time , ...

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

"Medieval Infantry", called Men-at-Arms, first appeared in Plutarck's LWC mod about five months ago.

After seven months and countless complaining threads will we finally see and end to the idiocy of settlers starting towns in distant tundra and deserts where there are no resources??

An Editor that at long last allows us to EASILY add new units without having to play with the Units folders and .ini files??

Maybe Firaxis is learning, slowly.

But it's a start.

Comment

"Medieval Infantry", called Men-at-Arms, first appeared in Plutarck's LWC mod about five months ago.
                        and sid though of nothing new with civ1 either. many other people had done strategy games in the past....

Comment

Will the new editor allow you to specifiy a starting date (eg: September 1939) and also specify time increments per turn (eg: one month)?
                          Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
                          Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Comment

Working...
                          X