To FIRAXIS:Combat Stat Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To FIRAXIS:Combat Stat Screen

An excellent idea in SMAC that should be ported over to Civ III is that little screen that appeared during combat. It was the one that showed the base stats, modifiers, and final stats of both the attacker and defender.

I think that would be a good idea. Maybe an update on a new patch?

Comment

That would mean allocating more screen space for such things, which I think they made a conscious decision to avoid. SMAC has that area set aside for all kinds of good info, _including_ battle stats. I like all the SMAC info, but I don't think CivIII would implement that in a similar fashion. Maybe a temporary pop-up window for battle statistics, but that would _have_ to be optional.
      "...it is possible, however unlikely, that they might find a weakness and exploit it." Commander Togge, SW:ANH

Comment

points to his sig > fixing advisors.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Re: To FIRAXIS:Combat Stat Screen

Originally posted by FrantzX
          An excellent idea in SMAC that should be ported over to Civ III is that little screen that appeared during combat. It was the one that showed the base stats, modifiers, and final stats of both the attacker and defender.
          hi ,

it should not be ported over , it should be new , it should rock , it should be something that is way better , ...........

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

What more is needed? All it needs is a little pop up screen that will tell you the defender is across a river, fortified, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by FrantzX
              What more is needed? All it needs is a little pop up screen that will tell you the defender is across a river, fortified, etc.
              Yep, something like that would be nice. Maybe another option in the popup list that appears after the right-click? I right click my unit, choose "combat advisor", "estimate combat result" or something like that, and then click on the enemy unit I consider for my attack. A small window (like the one with the terrain info) would show me the base stats and all the modifiers for both the units plus maybe the overall (theoretical) odds. This would be very helpful and would sometimes save me from going mad after losing a swordsman to a warrior... It is easy to underestimate what the modifiers can do with the odds...

Comment

Working...
              X