Civ 3 Changes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civ 3 Changes

I think that there should be an option in the foreign diplomacy an option that can show how updated your map is to a particular civilization. When you trade maps with someone that should be a record of it on the game. Foir example:

I trade maps with Persia

We have Persisa Map Updated 1634 a.d.

Any comments?

What happened the the transform command? I think that they should be that back.
    Last edited by dave computer; June 4, 2002, 12:05.

Re: Civ 3 Changes

Originally posted by dave computer
    I think that there should be an option in the foreign diplomacy an option that can show how updated your map is to a particular civilization. When you trade maps with someone that should be a record of it on the game. Foir example:

I trade maps with Persia

We have Persisa Map Updated 1634 a.d.

Any comments?
    I do not see the usefulness of it...

What happened the the transform command? I think that they should be that back.
    I think so too.
    Nym
    "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

what was the transfer command?
      Up the Irons!
      Rogue CivIII FAQ!
      Odysseus and the March of Time
      I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Where did you get transfer from?

The TRANSFORM command was used by engineers in Civ2 to terraform land, ie change plains to grasslands etc.
        Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Comment

I believe that the people at Firaxis thought it was too powerful to be able to change Mountains into the more productive Hills or Deserts into the more productive Plains. Thus, the ability to transfom terrain was removed, and workers are now limited to adding and removing Forests from flat lands.
          Those who live by the sword...get shot by those who live by the gun.

Comment

That transform command was basically terraforming, and it seems like Firaxis has a game design decision not to include terraforming in Civ 3.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
            X