Please clarify how to acquire the 3 types of resources

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by playshogi

Are you sure that leaving a strategic resource unconnected means it can't disappear?
    I'm pretty sure of this. The theory behind disappearing resources is that if you're using them, they may run out. No road means you're not using them.
    "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
    -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

I believe as of 1.21 resources still dissapear when not connected. I am unsure, however, if they have the same probability of doing this as linked resources.
      Lime roots and treachery!
      "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

Originally posted by punkbass2000

They aren't. However, a variety of factors affects whether or not the AI will trade you evenly (one for one). These include (but are not necessarily limited to): reputation, that particular AI's feelings towards you, difficulty level, empire size, (if your empire is twice the size of theirs, then each luxury is twice as useful to you as it is to them), and how many luxuries you each already have (with a marketplace, luxuries gain value with each new type you get. Of the eight, the first two will make one person happy, the next will make 2 people happy and so on, with a possibility of up to 20 happy faces).
        Thanks! This makes things a lot clearer. I had been confused about this forever now.
        My nickname in the PTW matchmaking system is Psygnosis.

Comment

I thought that a Firaxian confirmed somewhere here at Apolyton that connecting resources has absolutely no effect on the likelihood of disappearence. I don't want to search for the quote though, and it wouldn't be the first time I misremembered . . .

And although I don't have a saved game, I did see a source of uranium disapppear from my territory only a few short turns after discovering Fission -- before I had a chance to build a road to it.

Catt

Comment

Working...
          X